Homophobia: 5 charged with calling for execution of gays

Best not to be holier than thou on this one, Buggery was a capital offence in this country until 1861 when the 1861 offences against the person act made the offence punishable by life imprisonment. Homosexuality was effectively legalised in 1967 in England since then the age of consent has been lowered.

Our laws were not so very different not so very long ago.

Homosexuality was classed as a "mental illness" in America right up to 1973.

Ah, ok, so racism is legal as well - if that means we can think it, but not act upon it.

And I guess murder is legal too, so long as we just think about it, but don't actually do it.

Yes.

Ah, ok, so racism is legal as well - if that means we can think it, but not act upon it.

And I guess murder is legal too, so long as we just think about it, but don't actually do it.

Exactly.

It is not illegal to be racist or murderous in your head. Did you think it was?

Yes.

Of course, if we put pendantry to one side, everything is legal unless we're caught doing it.

The point here is that demonstrating homophobic actions in this country is demonstrably not legal.

Murder requires proof of Actus reus as well as Mens rea, Intent rather than mere thought and the homicidal act both have to have occurred before Murder is committed.

Murder isn't murder until a human is killed, thinking about it (and not doing it) is legal because it isn't Murder !!!

Of course, if we put pendantry to one side, everything is legal unless we're caught doing it.

The point here is that demonstrating homophobic actions in this country is demonstrably not legal.

I know. That's what I just said. Homophobia is not illegal. Stirring up hatred or discriminating is illegal.

Yes you may..as long as you don't confuse the both as the same.

Many might suggest that it still should be.

A long as you suggest homophobia as a 'should or could be' illness . Because it was once defined (past) as an illness doesn't make it an illness (present).

Murder requires proof of Actus reus as well as Mens rea, Intent rather than mere thought and the homicidal act both have to have occurred before Murder is committed.

Murder isn't murder until a human is killed, thinking about it (and not doing it) is legal because it isn't Murder !!!

lol :hihi:

Archived