Homophobia: 5 charged with calling for execution of gays

Was he convicted of careless driving?

What's that got to do with anything?

Plekhanov said you had called a van driver a murderer.

You denied that you had called a van driver a murderer.

Plekhanov provided a link to a post written by you in which you said: "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him."

You denied that you had written that post and started complaining that other people have memory problems.

Now you appear to be saying that the van driver wasn't convicted of murder (nobody said anything about that) and for some reason you are trying to use that fact (a fact which nobody mentioned, let alone challenged) to prove that when you said: "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him." you did not say "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him."

If you didn't write, in your post "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him." Then who did?

"It wasn't me. A big boy did it and ran away.":hihi::hihi::hihi:

That would be an impressive quote if it proved anything like what was claimed I had said. If I had called the driver a murderer it would have been a great post. Since I didn't, it's not proof of anything more than I remember my posts better than you do.

:huh: "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him"

How exactly do you figure that you didn't call the driver in question a "murderer"?

What's that got to do with anything?

Plekhanov said you had called a van driver a murderer.

You denied that you had called a van driver a murderer.

Plekhanov provided a link to a post written by you in which you said: "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him."

You denied that you had written that post and started complaining that other people have memory problems.

Now you appear to be saying that the van driver wasn't convicted of murder (nobody said anything about that) and for some reason you are trying to use that fact (a fact which nobody mentioned, let alone challenged) to prove that when you said: "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him." you did not say "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him."

If you didn't write, in your post "There was the van driver who murdered a cyclist by ramming him." Then who did?

"It wasn't me. A big boy did it and ran away.":hihi::hihi::hihi:

Slight correction it was mj.scuba not I who initially drew attention to an inconsistency in the way spindrift seems to throw about the term "murderer".

Lets hope the Gays don,t distribute leaflets calling for the death penalty for all Muslims...................but I think they are much more modern and intelligent to do such things!

Two wrongs don't make a right why punish all muslims for the sins of these bigots?.

....What's this about shoving leaflets through letter boxes? Is it part of this current homophobia case? I would classify that as intimidating or threatening behaviour and there should be a penalty for it....

Yes it is part of the current case in Derby. See the link provided by the OP.

You've got it the wrong way round.

Why do you think a racist assault is treated more seriously than a straightforward assault?

Because a racist assault threatens everyone of that race.

So if racism is a motivating factor the sentence is harsher.

Makes sense doesn't it?

Applying your reasoning a totally unprovoked and motiveless assault threatens everyone full stop and therefore should be subject to even harsher penalties?

Whilst I dislike these peoples viewpoint, I think they should be allowed to express it. They weren't calling for any crime to be committed, they were just expressing the standpoint of their religion.

Let them off I would say and deny them any publicity. Their views are mediaeval, but they should have the right to express them if they want. The rest of us have the right to ridicule them.

I agree with you. If they were calling for the law to be changed, then they should be allowed a free & open discussion, no matter how bad their views are.

If they're encouraging people to take the law into their own hands & start murdering gays, that would be totally different.

It can be quite a fine line sometimes, but we need to be careful both not to stifle political debate & not to incite violence.

Archived