Homophobia: 5 charged with calling for execution of gays

Whilst I dislike these peoples viewpoint, I think they should be allowed to express it. They weren't calling for any crime to be committed, they were just expressing the standpoint of their religion.

Let them off I would say and deny them any publicity. Their views are mediaeval, but they should have the right to express them if they want. The rest of us have the right to ridicule them.

I've no problem with people saying it's wrong, or even that it's a sin and offends God, that's just opinion and can be argued with. I think it crosses the line when people are inciting violence.

These idiots deserve the maximum 7yrs and they should get a lash for every leaflet distributed, Sharia law style.

Sorry have I been misinformed, but isn't "Shari law" and the muslim faith totally against gay's of either sex?

I think anyone who insights murder for any reason should be punished.

Pity this country is very selective about whom the law applies to though.

I've no problem with people saying it's wrong, or even that it's a sin and offends God, that's just opinion and can be argued with. I think it crosses the line when people are inciting violence.

I don't have a problem with the comment "some religions may believe it's wrong", but for that to be then extrapolated into these people calling for "death to homosexuals", IMO is totally wrong.

Sorry have I been misinformed, but isn't "Shari law" and the muslim faith totally against gay's of either sex?

I think anyone who insights murder for any reason should be punished.

Pity this country is very selective about whom the law applies to though.

I think you'll find that the UK courts do take a very dim view of hate-crimes, whoever perpetrates them.

Archived