Homophobia: 5 charged with calling for execution of gays

Another of your "I know only five people were involved but i am going to extrapolate that to all muslims" posts eh mossdog.

I cannot comment on mossdog's posts in general, but this particular one doesn't read like that at all.

:huh:

Whilst I dislike these peoples viewpoint, I think they should be allowed to express it. They weren't calling for any crime to be committed, they were just expressing the standpoint of their religion.

Let them off I would say and deny them any publicity. Their views are mediaeval, but they should have the right to express them if they want. The rest of us have the right to ridicule them.

Their religion is stuck in the dark ages. Thats why they think its ok to persecute people like me and thats why this will be the first of many of these trials. Gay hate runs deep in most religions but for some reason islam is the most vicious when it comes to expressing their hate.

And non-religions too. I expect most knuckle dragging tattooed thugs aren't visible at any Sunday morning services.

Is there actually any evidence to suggest that "knuckle dragging tattooed thugs" are more likely to be homophobic than the rest of society though? I very much doubt it, but I'm willing to change my mind if presented with some evidence.

In fact, judging by a recent Daily Mail cartoon, many of its readers are likely to imagine that "knuckle dragging tattooed thugs" are actually homosexual. :loopy:

Unfortunately there is considerable evidence of a positive correlation between religious beliefs and homophobia.

If he recognsed that it was just some, he would have said "what if a few gays" instead of "what if the gays" - indicates to me that he sees it as "muslims" not "a few muslims"

Okay, I can see where you are coming from. Perhaps you are more familiar with his/her posting style though so took issue, whereas I'm not so did not see one.

These men, if convicted, should receive a harsh custodial sentence for calling for people of a minority sexual orientation to be executed.

The Jamia Mosque (outside of which they distributed some of the offending leaflets) should feel honour bound to employ an Equality and Diversity officer to aid the worshippers in celebrating the role of Gay, Lesbian, Transsexual, and Transgender people in the local community.

These men, if convicted, should receive a harsh custodial sentence for calling for people of a minority sexual orientation to be executed.

The Jamia Mosque (outside of which they distributed some of the offending leaflets) should feel honour bound to employ an Equality and Diversity officer to aid the worshippers in celebrating the role of Gay, Lesbian, Transsexual, and Transgender people in the local community.

My bold

Why??? If the men had been handing out leaflets outside Tesco, and shopped regularly in Tesco, would you expect Tesco to take similar action? :huh:

Archived