Gold Krugerrand 1981 1/10 fine gold - Can anyone tell me how much??

The gold price is more than the coins collectable value these days.

Krugerrands have no inherent collectable value, they are just bullion grade coins.

A 1/10 coin from a bullion dealer is currently around £100.

eBay may be a good bet, alternatively Hatton Garden Metals or Bairds will give you a decent rate.

When selling to a bullion dealer you will get a few points below the spot price (that's how they make their money), so expect around £87/£88 for it.

Under no circumstances send it to one of those "cash for gold places". You'll probably end up with about £30 for it.

Krugerrands have no inherent collectable value, they are just bullion grade coins.

I beg to differ, I wouldn't consider my collection to have "no inherent collectable value" There are some variants of the bullion coins that are considered to be very colletable.

It even says similar on one of the web sites you have posted.

• 1 month later...
Im not that desperate!

answer: NO THANKS!

They have a specific market value and it varies with the gold price fluctuation...try it on Ebay and see what you are offered...dealers usually give up to 60% of their retail price,,,. Yours could be worth more to someone who wants to wear it,, Go onto a South African or local collectors website for more info.. not chatted with you for a while..How is your garden?? Found an old school chum..he had died 20yrs ago..his son was most friendly....Found another still alive and in Sheffield....and my old car salesman from years ago. he is on skype and we chat on the odd occaision..Keep smiling..Peter

They have a specific market value and it varies with the gold price fluctuation...try it on Ebay and see what you are offered...dealers usually give up to 60% of their retail price,,,. Yours could be worth more to someone who wants to wear it,, Go onto a South African or local collectors website for more info.. not chatted with you for a while..How is your garden?? Found an old school chum..he had died 20yrs ago..his son was most friendly....Found another still alive and in Sheffield....and my old car salesman from years ago. he is on skype and we chat on the odd occaision..Keep smiling..Peter

Looks like between 75 to 110 pounds....maybe a little more pro rata depending on condition and who wants to wear it??

Its Rotherham now Pete ,you know that exciting town just down the parkway.Are you well ive not seen Tony yet,im afraid we are at the age when the horses are falling at the last hurdle now.Best wishes Mel.:D:D:D

I have a Krugerrand encased in a gold kind of mount. its a 1/10 says fine gold on it. and 1981. Thinking if selling it, does anyone have any idea how much it would fetch and where best to sell it? Im a bit unsure about e-bay...

:confused::confused::confused:

Krugerrands have no intrinsic rareity value. They were minted to get round sanctions imposed on South African gold sales. They are worth their weight in gold.

Gold is currently around $1400 an ounce so your coin is worth $140.

Archived