How to make it as a dj? :)

[quote=unuspromulti;

3 weeks is nothing btw if you want to make a name for yourself or money out of something, how much time have you spent learning how to mix properly? If that's your attitude to a potential career you've no chance.

i was only stating how long it took!!! jeeez!!! i wasnt complaining, it shows that imm determined to make it as most people would have just given up. im determined thats my ATTITUDE to my potential carrer nothing else. i will do it and i will make it.

Hi wrig,

I'd suggest getting yourself a website and make sure you have all the key words linked in search engines, then tweak things so that your you tube vids link into to such as a google account that will direct to your site where they can learn more about you.

What you are doing/wanting is totally different to what I do, as I'm a mainstream pop DJ which incorporates mic work, not what you want, however I do it for a living and have done for 32 years with last 23 years as a self employed business.

Good luck in your venture, it's not easy especially in what you are wanting to achieve as in this day and age there is so much young talent in your field, bit sadly not enough venues to cater for you all.

Problem you will face with Pub function rooms is the minority who give those who want to enjoy your kind of music a bad name, with problems they cause, which is a shame when people like yourself are trying to get out there.

Good luck!

hey bruno, yes ive heard of you!!! im from chapeltown too!! thanks for your advice, i understand that the genre has a bad name associated with it which is why i decided to widen my genres.... i mix all and anything. again thanks for youradvice mate and hopefully ill see you about

Archived