I have found a job- but when do I get paid JSA until?

Only if you have been previously signing on for more than 26 weeks and you state that this job is expected to last longer than 5 weeks

I was assuming I suppose as it all gets a bit complicated if you have claimed for less time or the job is going to last for less then a few weeks.

There is in mine

I would be interested if this was the case as that would mean the JC I used lied to me, but I suspect if you received any money it was not a signing off payment but a part of the back to work grant for buying a suit etc.

I would be interested if this was the case as that would mean the JC I used lied to me, but I suspect if you received any money it was not a signing off payment but a part of the back to work grant for buying a suit etc.
I never applied for a back to work grant and didn't tell them I needed one. I just got a £100 "bonus" when I signed off. Although I was only signing on for 4 weeks. Whether that makes a difference i don't know

You will be paid up until the last day you are claiming JSA and this will be paid to you the week after as normal.

If you claimed housing benefit, you will receive this for four weeks after you end your claim.

There is no £100 signing off payment from my experience.

wrong again if you a single person you will get £100. if you have a partner and kids you could get up to £250

its when you start the job afaik.

You will have to sign off, which is the day before you start.

or it used to be.. :hihi:

Not sure how long ago you are talking about but it used to be that you received benefit up until the day of your first paycheck.

John X

Archived