Wedding reception venue Ideas

HOw did the day go for you there? What was it like? It is in my list of options but heard very mixed reviews.

We had a fantastic day there, weather was lovely, cricket match on, the day was all very relaxed.

The hall looked lovely after we finished adding decorations.

My only negative thought was, we got married on stage, and when the lights were on, its was very uncomfortably hot! which i didnt even give a thought too until we were saying our vows :(

All our guests had a great day, and it was perfect for us.

The Venue Stocksbridge is an ideal venue for all your wedding reception needs!! Whether it's a sit down meal or night reception or both maybe..we are happy to accomadate you and your guests! We have a number of stylish rooms available with bar facilities and can accomadate up to 300 people.

For more information or to come and visit us check out our website or telephone us and we'll be happy to help :)

www. thevenuestocksbridge .co.uk

If you book your wedding/christening/private function for 2011 before march you will receive our early bird offer and make huge savings!!

• 2 weeks later...

Beauchief Golf Course is owned by the Council and it's just been decorated and is apparantley very nice. They offer free room hire as long as you order their food and their buffets start at £2.50 per head I think.

Try calling 0114 2233815

I think this is for conferencing but I am sure they will be able to direct you to the golf club.

Good Luck

xxxx

We had our wedding at the Niagara Centre & Banqueting Centre (Police Sports and Social club) almost 2 years ago. Venue is lovely, staff were brilliant, drinks prices - very important to our friends - reasonable and the food was beyond our (very high) expectations.

Tapton Masonic Hall S10 or Whirlowbrooke Hall. Both beautiful

whirlowbrooke hall is a dream............ and lovely gardens too.

I wanted my reception there but think we didn't as there was an issue re kids? (but is many years ago now so memory may not be serving me well!).

Hi anniec24

Feel free to give Hannah a call on 0114 2213003 for information and to come and have a nosey at Whirlowbrook Hall. Our capacity is 120 for a seated meal, and you can invite extra guests in the evening.

Our sister venue, The Maynard in Grindleford, is equally as fantastic and can seat a few extra for the Wedding Breakfast.

We've also a special package offer on at the moment as well which may be of interest to you. Hannah will be able to give you more information or visit the websites:

http://www.whirlowbrookhall.co.uk

http://www.themaynard.co.uk

whirlowbrooke hall is a dream............ and lovely gardens too.

I wanted my reception there but think we didn't as there was an issue re kids? (but is many years ago now so memory may not be serving me well!).

... and we are very child friendly!

:D

Archived