Tax Avoidance Protesters - why are they all so middle class?

I hardly think the opinion of one Essex boy makes that much difference. The membership is totally across the board. If you don't believe me just ask our Chairperson...Labour MP Kate Hoey who represents the inner city seat of Vauxhall

Hoey is disgrace to the party.

Maybe she'll end up like Countryside Alliance director Claire Rowson:

Can't compete with the Labour Party for rif-raf I'm afraid.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1331164/Labour-MP-Eric-Joyce-spends-night-cell-drink-driving-arrest.html

Labour MP who branded middle class ‘hypocrites and drunkards’ spends night in a cell after being arrested for drink driving

You really can't beat the Labour Party for hypocracy. I suppose that's where you get it from.

why do people get annoyed by others being middle class:loopy:

Most of the country is middle class, Im not convinced the people claiming to be working class aren't in the main middle class!

It makes me smile the way that some (usually right wing) commentators use 'middle class' as a term of abuse. For example in the recent student protests, the Daily Mail and the like were foaming at the mouth about all these priviliged kids demonstrating and protecting their own interests.

Mark Steele, the Independent columnist did a great article on this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/mark-steel/mark-steel-michael-goves-guide-to-social-class-2141933.html#

I hardly think the opinion of one Essex boy makes that much difference. The membership is totally across the board. If you don't believe me just ask our Chairperson...Labour MP Kate Hoey who represents the inner city seat of Vauxhall

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

First off, I'm Sheffield born & bred, therefore not an Essex boy, although I'd be interested to know what you have against Essex boys. Do they count as "rif-raf" too?

Secondly, I'm giving you my personal experience, not my opinion. If that doesn't tally with your theory then quite frankly tough. Experience trumps theory every time.

My opinion as it happens is that it was a complete waste of time banning fox-hunting, but whatever my sympathies, the fact remains that this was and remains an upper class issue. No point in pretending otherwise.

Why would you be the ones protesting? You still get your free money. Its the people who work who are affected, the ones you call "middle class" have jobs, have to pay tax.

Actually, tax avoidance does have an effect on benefit claimants. If people are not paying their taxes there is less money to help the worse off, and ultimately that result in benefit cuts. Therefore it does affect benefit claimants, or indeed anyone who uses public services as it results in less money for these services.

Archived