Tax Avoidance Protesters - why are they all so middle class?

Actually, tax avoidance does have an effect on benefit claimants. If people are not paying their taxes there is less money to help the worse off, and ultimately that result in benefit cuts. Therefore it does affect benefit claimants, or indeed anyone who uses public services as it results in less money for these services.

It may have an effect on them but it would be slightly hypocritical to protest tax avoidance whilst purposefully staying unemployed long-term, therefore not paying tax (as it the OPs case)

It may have an effect on them but it would be slightly hypocritical to protest tax avoidance whilst purposefully staying unemployed long-term, therefore not paying tax (as it the OPs case)

Well I don't know about you, but I think it's extremely daft to stay unemployed purposely, and part of that is that it's actually quite dangerous to rely on the generosity of the government, especially in the current climate.

MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

First off, I'm Sheffield born & bred, therefore not an Essex boy, although I'd be interested to know what you have against Essex boys. Do they count as "rif-raf" too?

Secondly, I'm giving you my personal experience, not my opinion. If that doesn't tally with your theory then quite frankly tough. Experience trumps theory every time.

My opinion as it happens is that it was a complete waste of time banning fox-hunting, but whatever my sympathies, the fact remains that this was and remains an upper class issue. No point in pretending otherwise.

I see. So you just associate the Countryside Alliance with fox hunting? I'm sorry to disappoint you but that isn't what the organisation is about. It is more about trying to obtain bus services for rural communities, affordable houses for farm workers, and access to services like post offices and hospitals that city dwellers take for granted.

I don't know if you are aware that the group has set up a charity. "The Countryside Alliance Foundation" to help with these aims.

You say "Experience trumps theory every time". I couldn't agree more I'm a member and I presume you aren't. Experience trumps theory every time.

Well I don't know about you, but I think it's extremely daft to stay unemployed purposely, and part of that is that it's actually quite dangerous to rely on the generosity of the government, especially in the current climate.

That's exactly my point. The OP claims the is unemployed as he prefers to get handouts from the government, he even seems proud of this.

I see. So you just associate the Countryside Alliance with fox hunting? I'm sorry to disappoint you but that isn't what the organisation is about. It is more about trying to obtain bus services for rural communities, affordable houses for farm workers, and access to services like post offices and hospitals that city dwellers take for granted.

So, the Countryside Alliance exists to try to reverse the damage done to our society by Thatcherism.

How nice.:)

Or the top hat in your case! :P

Would you care to explain why people who are supposed to represent people with less money then you are "rif-raf"?

Pretty easy if you care to read post 26 rather than jumping to generalisations.

So I would associate with people like Kate Hoey but would regard Eric Joyce as rif-raf.

Is it? With my experiance and people i know, i can get a job at £25k+ easy, or i can start and be self employed again and earning 60k+, but i am so sick of the system and with crazy health and safety system, i be spending more time on paper work then doing the job, When the system changes and i can be bother i might start working again, Until then i am enjoying this carefree easy life

Archived