Hallam FM's ex-DJ's - Where are they now?

personal5579

• 4 months later...

someone earlier mentioned Margaret from Leeds,a legend in her time, i used to phone in regularly when when James H Reeve was on Hallam and was also invited to the opening of the radio show from the Dome when Hallam broadcasted from there with Mark Meadowcroft ,another few of the great phoners was maximillion,Fred (the harmonica player)from Wombwell,someone else from Darnell(who bought a book of my poems on Radio hallam auction for £30 which went to charity)im so glad i found this forum it brings back happy memories.

Who was the deep voiced DJ who used to do the Hot 100 chart run down in the early 80's, he came across as a nice bloke but got some of the song titles/artists names hilariously wrong on occasion.

Freddie J Allen???

someone earlier mentioned Margaret from Leeds,a legend in her time, i used to phone in regularly when when James H Reeve was on Hallam and was also invited to the opening of the radio show from the Dome when Hallam broadcasted from there with Mark Meadowcroft ,another few of the great phoners was maximillion,Fred (the harmonica player)from Wombwell,someone else from Darnell(who bought a book of my poems on Radio hallam auction for £30 which went to charity)im so glad i found this forum it brings back happy memories.

I have some recordings of "Margaret" from Leeds... she was sooooo hilarious and I too phoned in to Roger Kirk and James H Reeve, who was one of my faves - he was very interesting to listen to. Surely someone can recall the guy from Retford, who lived in a mansion (maybe made up,) but he was really funny and a great listen. He came across as posh, but I think it was all for "radio." I think I have him on tape somewhere, but have hundreds of cassettes and it's a matter of going through them all. I will find him eventually! :0)

Edited by Joe9T

Roger Moffat: Radio Hallam's 10th Anniversary 1984 (pt 1)

Thanks for that! This should be pinned! What a guy. Have a peep everyone, he WAS A DJ! Pulled no punches! He would get banned on here!! Only joking :suspect::D

Edited by Rampent
Bath full of puke