Hallam FM's ex-DJ's - Where are they now?

personal5579

Bill MacDonald is still very much alive.

Far from having only five listeners Keith Skues is now celebrating ten years on late night regional radio in East Anglia and has a big, enthusiastic audience stretching from Norfolk to Essex. They included until last year John Peel, who described him as "the jewel in the crown" or regional radio. He has just got an award from the British Academy of Composers & Songwriters.

It's always best to check your facts before you open your mouth.

Originally posted by goldenfleece

Martin kellner went to work for Radio 2 in the 80's but no idea since, have I miised anyone???

Martin Kelner has a regular sports column in The Guardian among other things. I think he's also still on the radio - Radio Leeds or something like that.

Originally posted by mdawes

Bill MacDonald is still very much alive.

Far from having only five listeners Keith Skues is now celebrating ten years on late night regional radio in East Anglia and has a big, enthusiastic audience stretching from Norfolk to Essex. They included until last year John Peel, who described him as "the jewel in the crown" or regional radio. He has just got an award from the British Academy of Composers & Songwriters.

It's always best to check your facts before you open your mouth.

I stand corrected. WHat does Bill Mcdonald do these days? He used to do the SUnday night classical music show on Hallam

Originally posted by Damon

Martin Kelner has a regular sports column in The Guardian among other things. I think he's also still on the radio - Radio Leeds or something like that.

He does the weekend late show - 10pm til 1am, on the BBC local radio stations in Yorkshire. So you can hear him on BBC Radio Sheffield. He has also popped up occasionally covering other shows on Radio Sheffield.

Someone mentioned Bev Chubb. My mum used to know her - she no longer works in radio.

Originally posted by Andy

He does the weekend late show - 10pm til 1am, on the BBC local radio stations in Yorkshire. So you can hear him on BBC Radio Sheffield. He has also popped up occasionally covering other shows on Radio Sheffield.

Someone mentioned Bev Chubb. My mum used to know her - she no longer works in radio.

bev chubb did the country and western show on hallam if my memory is right , wonder what happend to gerry kersey and his tacky kiss bag , and there was the velvetly voice of amanda charlsworth

best dj on hallam for me was freddie kersey he did the late night show from around 83 onwards always played loads of rock and you could ring him up for requests and have a chat wonder what happend to him ?

He was on Forth 2 and Clyde 2, but I believe he has joined BBC Radio Scotland now.

Lucio left Hallam afternoons to do Kerrang 105.2 drive in brum, then left for XFM London on weekends. He's now going to be doing Drive permenently, so hes done very well!

It's a shame they messed up Tom Binns coming back - maybe we would have been spared the likes of Matt and Emma :@

Kerrang is Birmingham seem to like ex-Hallam DJs - Dave Bethell has just left (to join Invicta FM is Kent), and Emma Scott has arrived on a more permenent basis too.

Oh and Tim Shaw is on late nights there too!

Originally posted by panda79

best dj on hallam for me was freddie kersey he did the late night show from around 83 onwards always played loads of rock and you could ring him up for requests and have a chat wonder what happend to him ?

Do you mean Freddie Allen, or Gerry Kersey (who is now on Radio Sheffield)?