Hallam FM's ex-DJ's - Where are they now?

personal5579

Simon James and Hill - now on....

__1 • Central FM Falkirk Listen live with Windows Media Player

__2 • Sun FM Sunderland Listen live with Windows Media Player

__3 • Alpha FM Darlington Listen live with Windows Media Player

__4 • Stray FM Harrogate Listen live with Windows Media Player

__5 • Minster FM York Listen live with Windows Media Player

__6 • Yorkshire Coast Radio Scarboro' Listen live with Windows Media Player

__7 • Yorkshire Coast Radio Bridlington Listen live with Windows Media Player

__8 • 2BR Burnley Listen live with Windows Media Player

__9 • Home FM Huddersfield Listen live with Windows Media Player

_10 • Dune FM Southport Listen live with Windows Media Player

_11 • The Rocket Merseyside Listen live with Windows Media Player

_12 • Silk FM Macclesfield Listen live with Windows Media Player

_13 • Mix 96 Aylesbury Listen live with Windows Media Player

_14 • Mix 107 High Wycombe Listen live with Windows Media Player

_15 • Bath FM Bath Listen live with Windows Media Player

_16 • 3TR FM Warminster Listen live with Windows Media Player

_17 • Spire FM Salisbury Listen live with Windows Media Player

_18 • Win FM Winchester Listen live with Windows Media Player

_19 • Ivel FM Yeovil Listen live with Windows Media Player

_20 • Vale FM Shaftesbury Listen live with Windows Media Player

_21 • Wessex FM Dorchester Listen live with Windows Media Player

_22 • Isle Of Wight Radio Newport Listen live with Windows Media Player

_23 • The Quay Portsmouth Listen live with Windows Media Player

_24 • Spirit FM Chichester Listen live with Windows Media Player

_25 • Sovereign Radio Eastbourne Listen live with Windows Media Player

_26 • Arrow FM Hastings Listen live with Windows Media Player

A few names to conjure with from the halcyon days of Hallam.

Simon Hirst (Hirsty) - Now incredibly successful with Danny Oakes & Jojo on Galaxy 105 and with Katy Hill on the Hit 40 .

Freddie Allen - is this the same man? If so, back on Magic 1548 after years away from South Yorkshire radio...

Ralph Bernard - Chairman of GCAP Media

Ian Rufus - went with Stuart Linnell to launch Mercia Sound.Then from Mercia to BRMB in 1986,and so to the GWR Group where he left to take up new ventures in Radio Programming and Management.

Stuart Linnell - Type his name into Google and it'll bring up his website with all his latest information.

James Andrews/Cridland - Head Of New Media,Virgin Radio and owner of the Media UK Website

Jeff Cooper - now runs Radio 2XS.com , an internet radio station

Jayne Irving - from Hallam,to TV-am , then WestCountry . Last seen on Living TV and The Travel Channel.

Brett Harley - now PD of Hertbeat FM in Knebworth and owner of Radio Show Prep company , FMJock

Howard Pressman - also on Magic AM with....

Dave Kilner - also now fund-raising Manager for Help A Hallam Child

Cindy Kent - Premier Christian Radio

Simon Clark - BBC Look North

Dave Bethell - Invicta FM . Son of Barry "Slimfast" Bethell!

Phil Bodmer - BBC Radio York

More soon - but first more searching to do...

:)

Will have to listen - and will stand corrected if I'm wrong...because the last time I heard, he was in New Mexico :D

Mind you ,wasn't it Freddie J Allen that was on during the 80's?

Found out more about the following though....

Mike Rouse - owns his own recording studio business

Jim Greensmith - Sadly no longer with us,having passed away in 2003.He was a original member of the on-air team that launched Radio Hallam back in 1974 (later becoming Head of News) , and later went on to be a reporter for Yorkshire Television’s “Calendar” before becoming head of Press and Public Relations for South Yorkshire Police in the late 1990’s .

Mike McCarthy - along with another Radio Hallam colleague, Damian Johnson ,went to join BBC Look North in the late 80's . He left the BBC in 2000 to join Sky News where he is now Head of their Northern News Bureau.

Damian Johnson - after Look North,joined BBC Sport and can be found on Football Focus,Grandstand,and Match Of The Day

Alan Biggs - now a writer for the Sheffield Telegraph, and numerous National papers ,as well as working as a Match Day Reporter for BBC Radio 5 Live.

Tony Jasper - has written the autobiographies of Cliff Richard,and Johnny Mathis,as well as becoming a well known name in promoting Christian Music and Drama works . Head of the Jasperian Theatre Company too.

Colin Slade - still doing what he does best, playing Heavy Rock on DAB station Planet Rock

Alan West - left to join to the now defunct Centre Radio in Leicester. Now project leader of a Welsh Community Radio Project called Tormedia

Richard Tandy - last heard running a Record Plugging Company,plus did breakfasts on Centre FM in Staffordshire.Made a short return to Hallam in 2000 to do a late night phone in.

Dave Dixon (Dixie) - has just left 97.4 Rock FM in Preston

Peter McNerney - now producer of Calendar

Pete Brettle - was involved with RSL station Meadowhall Radio and HBS at the Hallamshire Hospital.

BTW apparently there was going to be a tribute site for Hallam . I wonder what's happened to it.....:confused:

Originally posted by Compound_Kid

Will have to listen - and will stand corrected if I'm wrong...because the last time I heard, he was in New Mexico :D

Mind you ,wasn't it Freddie J Allen that was on during the 80's?

Found out more about the following though....

Mike Rouse - owns his own recording studio business

Jim Greensmith - Sadly no longer with us,having passed away in 2003.He was a original member of the on-air team that launched Radio Hallam back in 1974 (later becoming Head of News) , and later went on to be a reporter for Yorkshire Television’s “Calendar” before becoming head of Press and Public Relations for South Yorkshire Police in the late 1990’s .

Mike McCarthy - along with another Radio Hallam colleague, Damian Johnson ,went to join BBC Look North in the late 80's . He left the BBC in 2000 to join Sky News where he is now Head of their Northern News Bureau.

Damian Johnson - after Look North,joined BBC Sport and can be found on Football Focus,Grandstand,and Match Of The Day

Alan Biggs - now a writer for the Sheffield Telegraph, and numerous National papers ,as well as working as a Match Day Reporter for BBC Radio 5 Live.

Tony Jasper - has written the autobiographies of Cliff Richard,and Johnny Mathis,as well as becoming a well known name in promoting Christian Music and Drama works . Head of the Jasperian Theatre Company too.

Colin Slade - still doing what he does best, playing Heavy Rock on DAB station Planet Rock

Alan West - left to join to the now defunct Centre Radio in Leicester. Now project leader of a Welsh Community Radio Project called Tormedia

Richard Tandy - last heard running a Record Plugging Company,plus did breakfasts on Centre FM in Staffordshire.Made a short return to Hallam in 2000 to do a late night phone in.

Dave Dixon (Dixie) - has just left 97.4 Rock FM in Preston

Peter McNerney - now producer of Calendar

Pete Brettle - was involved with RSL station Meadowhall Radio and HBS at the Hallamshire Hospital.

BTW apparently there was going to be a tribute site for Hallam . I wonder what's happened to it.....:confused:

http://www.radiohallamreunion.co.uk/

I am in contact with Bill MacDonald and showed him this thread. He emailed me this reply...

"Very interesting reading! Martin Dawes spoke like a true journalist when he said check your facts...rather like Mark Twain, I simply comment that reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. As were reports of some of the others mentioned in that piece. I'm not a member of the Shefield Forum (hence my ignorance) so I don't know if I can reply, but I could cast a little light on some of the missing Hallam DJs of bygone years, some very sad stories, others very pleasant.

I only did the classical music DJ work on Sundays, and some other types of broadcasts to support the top-liners whose profession it really was. I also did selling and script writing, and when I left Hallam 15 years ago, I worked part-time in other fields, helped set up another radio station in Chesterfield (Peak), and chaired the "Help a Hallam Child" appeal."

If anyone has any questions for Bill, I will pass them on and post the replies.