Hallam FM's ex-DJ's - Where are they now?

personal5579

No I wasn't too clear there was I? Roberto's right, I ment on the other channel not co-hosting or anything. Though she's a very talented broadcaster so I live in hope!

As for Pedro, I've no idea what he's upto, haven't heard him on the phone for ages!

NM

Yeah Mark Meadowcroft. I remember he resigned live on the phone in and went off halfway through the show. (Not sure if he was forcibly removed). They quickly summoned Dan James to come and play some records. Fantastic stuff!!

Heard Mark Meadowcroft doing a bit part on Radio Sheffield shortly after that but don't know where he is now. Sorry.

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by Nicholarse

Diana Luke used to present opposite me on Real Radio, she then moved over to do some work for the BBC, she's a hugely successful voiceover artist as well as broadcaster.

Peter Grant did some work on Hallam FM a few months ago. He's making some big moves behind the scenes elsewhere now though.

NM

diana is on gaydar radio.

Originally posted by topsy

Yeah Mark Meadowcroft. I remember he resigned live on the phone in and went off halfway through the show. (Not sure if he was forcibly removed). They quickly summoned Dan James to come and play some records. Fantastic stuff!!

Heard Mark Meadowcroft doing a bit part on Radio Sheffield shortly after that but don't know where he is now. Sorry.

dave shearer did the forcible ejection.

Originally posted by Compound_Kid

A few names to conjure with from the halcyon days of Hallam.

Simon Hirst (Hirsty) - Now incredibly successful with Danny Oakes & Jojo on Galaxy 105 and with Katy Hill on the Hit 40 .

Freddie Allen - is this the same man? If so, back on Magic 1548 after years away from South Yorkshire radio...

Ralph Bernard - Chairman of GCAP Media

Ian Rufus - went with Stuart Linnell to launch Mercia Sound.Then from Mercia to BRMB in 1986,and so to the GWR Group where he left to take up new ventures in Radio Programming and Management.

Stuart Linnell - Type his name into Google and it'll bring up his website with all his latest information.

James Andrews/Cridland - Head Of New Media,Virgin Radio and owner of the Media UK Website

Jeff Cooper - now runs Radio 2XS.com , an internet radio station

Jayne Irving - from Hallam,to TV-am , then WestCountry . Last seen on Living TV and The Travel Channel.

Brett Harley - now PD of Hertbeat FM in Knebworth and owner of Radio Show Prep company , FMJock

Howard Pressman - also on Magic AM with....

Dave Kilner - also now fund-raising Manager for Help A Hallam Child

Cindy Kent - Premier Christian Radio

Simon Clark - BBC Look North

Dave Bethell - Invicta FM . Son of Barry "Slimfast" Bethell!

Phil Bodmer - BBC Radio York

More soon - but first more searching to do...

:)

brett harley owns hertbeat