Hallam FM's ex-DJ's - Where are they now?

personal5579

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Paul Massey was last heard on KCFM in Kingston-upon-Hull. He was on their last RSL before they got the licence for Hull & East Riding. He did a the weekday late show from what i remember and he used all his old jingles from The Yorkshire Radio Network & Viking FM such as "Paul Massey with your music power", "Hi im (cant remember ger name) and i think Paul Massey has the sweetest show in town...", and that countdown thing he start every hour with. I believe he lives in Grimsby (or somewhere round there) but i havent heard him on the radio since KCFM. I used to love his Saturday night show on YRN, he used to get on well with Diana Luke and used to joke about what they were doing under the desk!

Chris Rodgers went to present newsround, then sky news or sumat.

What happened to Debbie Mac, I used to like her.

He presented newsround and initially still did the sunday nights on hallam, then went to sky and now works on itv news as i saw him reporting on postal strikes the other day and its rogers not rodgers.:)

• 1 year later...
I am in contact with Bill MacDonald and showed him this thread. He emailed me this reply...

"Very interesting reading! Martin Dawes spoke like a true journalist when he said check your facts...rather like Mark Twain, I simply comment that reports of my death are greatly exaggerated. As were reports of some of the others mentioned in that piece. I'm not a member of the Shefield Forum (hence my ignorance) so I don't know if I can reply, but I could cast a little light on some of the missing Hallam DJs of bygone years, some very sad stories, others very pleasant.

I only did the classical music DJ work on Sundays, and some other types of broadcasts to support the top-liners whose profession it really was. I also did selling and script writing, and when I left Hallam 15 years ago, I worked part-time in other fields, helped set up another radio station in Chesterfield (Peak), and chaired the "Help a Hallam Child" appeal."

If anyone has any questions for Bill, I will pass them on and post the replies.

Very interesting to read that Bill "helped" set-up Peak, when i thought he was working for the Radio Authority at the time, deciding who got the licence for Chesterfield?

If i am wrong, then please correct me.

I remember that there were two other stations up for the licence with Peak, namely Trust FM and Spire (i think).

Trust and Spire did an RSL, but Peak didn't prior to the licence being given.

Strange that Peak won the licence when they never did an RSL!

It was thought at the time that Peak got the license unfairly and if i am right that Bill was working at the Radio Authority, then peoples thinking might have been correct.

Very fishy indeed!:suspect:

Trust FM would have been a far better option for Chesterfield but, hey, they sided with a shady character who ran Peak!:mad: