Cheap Holiday abroad

It's nearly always cheaper to book the flight and accommodation separately yourself. Do you have a destination and date in mind? Start playing around with flight comparison flights and you tend to stumble on a cheap flight that has been put back on the system. Then do the same for accommodation.

If you book a cheap one you will get what you pay for, I know people who have flown with Thomson and used Thomson accommodation but have been given rooms/ apartments that no one else wants because they got it cheap.

If you have kids then onthebeach.com is especially cheap as kids stay free (especially good for all inclusive holidays). Plus it doesnt matter how many kids - all free. For accomodation Ive also used alpha rooms and travel republic. All these companies used with no problems.

Ive always found onthebeach cheaper than others but watch out for baggage costs on top if you book your flight with them aswell. Last time I looked I think it was something like an extra £60 for baggage (no matter which airline) so probably best to book flights seperate. The site is good as it does a flight search so gives you an idea then its easy to see which airline comes out cheapest and go direct to that airlines site to book. It does sometimes say low cost flight without giving the airline but a google of the flight number will reveal who the flight is with.

Alpha-rooms are good.

We've got 10 nights in Lanzarote at the end of July for less than 700 quid - that includes £80 for luggage and also the insurance.

Stayed at the same apartments last July so we know the place is nice.

You need to play around with it though - checking different airports and being flexible on your dates can make a difference etc..

Archived