Grant for carpets etc

hi

iv recently been refused help from the social fund , for help with rent in advance, ( i have a notice seeking possession )

iv found a house, but it needs alot of decorating also carpets, curtains and tracks throughout,

iv put in another claim for the "priority", carpets, curtains and tracks, ( 3 bedrooms and living room )

will this also get refused, i dont understand the way that they make the decisions, (im up to my limit with loans from the social fund.)

thanks

if you are up to the limit of what they can lend you then they probably won't be able to give you any more until they have claimed some money back through your beneifts, could try a community care grant - they will cover the cost for basics to furnish your home- carpet curtains ect, but you will need measurements and quotes. :)

and to all the other people who are so quick to judge - this is a person asking advice, don't comment if you just want to argue with someone whose circumstances you know nothing about.

hi

iv recently been refused help from the social fund , for help with rent in advance, ( i have a notice seeking possession )

iv found a house, but it needs alot of decorating also carpets, curtains and tracks throughout,

iv put in another claim for the "priority", carpets, curtains and tracks, ( 3 bedrooms and living room )

will this also get refused, i dont understand the way that they make the decisions, (im up to my limit with loans from the social fund.)

thanks

Sorry to hear about your situation. I was in a similar predicament about 15 years ago, thankfully things eased up a bit and I was able to get sorted gradually with my family's help.

I do remember that when applying for the social fund there are certain key phrases which aid your application - which is why it's always good to have a professional like a social worker on side to help. Also I remember that it depends when you make your application: as the new financial year starts in April, the money may have dried up now as we're at the end of January.

Also try to ignoret he 'haters' on here, not everyone thinks like them, thankfully

I didn't know that being disabled prevented anyone from working. It's clear you can use a computer....

not everything is black and white. Yes she can use a computer but she may not be able to GET to and from work without assistance. Unless she has a skill set that pays for the poster to work from home, the money just doesnt pay (I think a lot of these schemes require a lot of time and effort for the 'money' they pay) for the work on offer.

Have you tried to ask on FreeCycle? People are always giving away home goods and appliances (and some will even deliver for a tiny fee) you might want to have a look. Also try asking on here in the ad forums. There might be a carpet fitter feeling charitable.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I was in a similar predicament about 15 years ago, thankfully things eased up a bit and I was able to get sorted gradually with my family's help.

I do remember that when applying for the social fund there are certain key phrases which aid your application - which is why it's always good to have a professional like a social worker on side to help. Also I remember that it depends when you make your application: as the new financial year starts in April, the money may have dried up now as we're at the end of January.

Also try to ignoret he 'haters' on here, not everyone thinks like them, thankfully

To be fair though some people don't help themselves.

My old man was working without any kidneys for about 5 years and dialysing 3 times a week.

I'm not saying the OP is...but some people use the 'disabled' when they actually just lazy freeloaders.

I think 'Bulgarian' summed it up nicely.

And if you 'CAN'T' work how do you ever expect to pay us (tax payers) back? When you're never going to get a job and go to work and earn some money? You're already up to your limit with the social.

I think Alternageek's idea is good, go onto freecycle.

Archived