Grant for carpets etc

hi

iv recently been refused help from the social fund , for help with rent in advance, ( i have a notice seeking possession )

iv found a house, but it needs alot of decorating also carpets, curtains and tracks throughout,

iv put in another claim for the "priority", carpets, curtains and tracks, ( 3 bedrooms and living room )

will this also get refused, i dont understand the way that they make the decisions, (im up to my limit with loans from the social fund.)

thanks

try pre loved there are loads of ads from people giving stuff away..it can be very difficult when you are poorly and unable to work,the social fund etc can be quite daunting at times.i sympathise wholeheartedly.i hope you will get sorted..regards..xx

St vincent De paul could probably help you out. Also apply for a community care grant. they will only give you the minimum amount for stuff though. When my sister was starting out she needed carpets for every room and she got the money for one for the living room and it was only £80 she was allowed. She needed everything, and they only allowed her money for a fridge freezer and cooker and carpet. She applied for beds and a washer but they said these things were not essentials

Archived