Did you get married in "The Wedding Cake"

spudgun

Mr G and i were married there too in October '86. It was a lovely sunny, late Autumn day, warm for the time of year. There were a number of other weddings that day too because I remember we had to get married earlier in the day than we wanted to because the later times were already booked up even though we got to the registry office really early three months before which was the longest you could book in advance. We had to take the time we could get as we already booked our reception at the Hotel St George and would have been stuffed if we hadnt got a time. We had photos taken on the grass at the front and all the traffic going past beeped there horns for good luck. it must have worked because here we are 25 years and two mazing kids later here we are, still together and still in love .

Mr G reminded me that we also got a parking ticket when we came out fro booking our wedding. We went and had fish and chips for lunch in the fantastic fish shop that used to be on Howard St ( name escapes us) after e booked the ceremony. When we came out , parking ticket. Mr G says, all things considered, that turned out to be the most expensive day of his life ! LOL

2000 for me and my now-ex-hubby. The legal ceremony was only done because we didn't have the time to organise a registrar at our main ceremony, which was a humanist one.

My memories were of how tacky the place was and how I was glad that we'd got the main ceremony to look back on.

Archived