Freeview just keeps getting worse

Channel One may have gone, but we have Challenge now instead. Besides, many of the programmes from Channel One are moving to Sky Three, which is remaining on Freeview, albeight being rebranded to Pick TV at the end of the month.

Besides, Virgin Media are getting rid of all of their channels. If Sky hadn't bought these channels, they probably would have closed with no replacement.

All have aired in the UK on various channels in the last 5 years. C4 showed Generation Kill after S2 of True Blood.

The list I quoted was to show the quality of the programs produced by HBO and this trend continues with shows such as True Blood and I suspect Boardwalk Empire which currently has a 9/10 rating on IMDB.

True Blood season 4 will probably only be available on Sky Atlantic and this will include shows like Entourage amongst others.

Neither I-Player nor the ITV equivalent will work if you have an IP address outside the UK. It's not too difficult to get a UK proxy address, but I haven't bothered.
...and the reason for that is the exact same as explained in my earlier post in this thread (rights management & exploitation across many jurisdictions), as I'm sure you know ;)

That's why a 'login' for a TV-license paying punter would actually be a good idea - might get the Beeb to boost revenue with overseas TV licensees. But hey, who am I to suggest online business models that might work, eh? :rolleyes:

...notwithstanding the fact that it's bit rich me paying my TV license, but not being able to access content I've paid for/am entitled to watch whenever I'm away on business :rant:

So apparently Rupert Murdoch bought out all of virgins TV channels and now virgin 1 (or channel one as it was renamed) has been closed down.

To be honest the vast majority of content was the lowest form of tat you could ever wish for. I made a point of avoiding it, so in many ways I'm glad it's gone.

The bandwidth will hopefully be re-used for something worthwhile, though I'm not holding my breath.

Channel One may have gone, but we have Challenge now instead. Besides, many of the programmes from Channel One are moving to Sky Three, which is remaining on Freeview, albeight being rebranded to Pick TV at the end of the month.

Besides, Virgin Media are getting rid of all of their channels. If Sky hadn't bought these channels, they probably would have closed with no replacement.

Do you know if they will be showing Star Trek Next Generation ?

Was just getting into habit of a marathon session on a Sunday afternoon and reliving old episodes?

They won't be showing anything liek that on challenge. It's full of gameshows like family fortunes and golden balls..... and from flicking around today it's also used to advertise sky.

I'll stick to my HD advert free shows... and I can watch whenever I want. Downloads all the way.

Now if HULU was available via subscription, I would go for that. Unfortunately it is USA only.

Badgerramble: the next gen DVDs are very cheap now, just go and buy them.

Do you know if they will be showing Star Trek Next Generation ?

According to Virgin:

some of Channel One’s programmes will find new homes on other Sky channels, particularly Sky 3. A range of Channel One’s most popular programmes like Star Trek, Gladiators, My Wife and Kids and The Sarah Connor Chronicles will be moved to other Sky channels. More details will be released and publicised by Sky soon.

Archived