Pay as you go electric credit

I pay for my electric using tokens, but still get a bill through every few months. My bill is always in credit however. The credit seems to be getting bigger and bigger.

How am I managing to get a credit on my bill when I pay with tokens? Is this credit money mine?

I will probably phone up the company, but i want to make sure i know what I am talking about before I make the call.

or they haven't read the meter and are relying on estimates. Make sure you have a meter reading when you phone them.

Read the OP, its a token meter so the meter reading is not needed, its payg electric but the payg rate is set to high, thats why the OP is in credit

If your in credit ask for the meter to be removed , you actually get charged for having one and there not always reliable. I had one which was in credit and at the end of the year the electric board said the meter was on the wrong tariff and actually I owed them over £100. I complained but it was upheld and I had to pay it back Grrrrrrrrr

Thanks for the replies. By the looks of it, the credit has been getting higher for years. Only recently have I took the time to take a look at the bills, I normally just throw them in a junk draw because they are supposed to be for information and I am pay and go. It is well into the £100's now.

Thanks for the replies. By the looks of it, the credit has been getting higher for years. Only recently have I took the time to take a look at the bills, I normally just throw them in a junk draw because they are supposed to be for information and I am pay and go. It is well into the £100's now.

claim it back its yours.xx

Archived