Steel factory in the 40's

Bubba

Thanks very much for those pics...I'm going to make sure my brother's see them too.

I am one of jmans brothers and I too would like to thank you for those pictures, as well I'd like to comment that they are quite similar to the plant that once stood here in Hamilton Ont

A bit off topic this-----but connected ! A couple of pals of mine from school, in the '50's, used to tell us about the delights of ' Skelly's ', the little path mentioned above.

Apparently, lots of teenage boys and girls used to meet on there, especially on dark, winters' nights. I used to be green with envy, listening to these lurid accounts and wished we, too, lived in Heeley; of course we DID have our Frog Walk at Hunters Bar but Skelly's sounded more exciting for some reason !

A bit off topic this-----but connected ! A couple of pals of mine from school, in the '50's, used to tell us about the delights of ' Skelly's ', the little path mentioned above.

Its proper name is Cutler's Walk...an ancient right of way from the time Lower Heeley was entirely rural.

Apparently, lots of teenage boys and girls used to meet on there, especially on dark, winters' nights. I used to be green with envy, listening to these lurid accounts and wished we, too, lived in Heeley; of course we DID have our Frog Walk at Hunters Bar but Skelly's sounded more exciting for some reason !

I spent many hours down Skellys as a teenager, there would be 10-15 boys/girls they were great times (1970s) Its changed a little now the bridge has been raised/rebuilt for safety. There are also small changes to walls for flood defence. Here is a couple of intresting pics. The plaque has some history of the area and hope you can read it.Picture1203.jpg

Picture1223.jpg the bridge Picture1220.jpg

Archived