Pontins - Prestatyn Sands

Argh! Pontins - no! no! I've been on dance weekends in various level acommodation and have found not one chalet to be really clean, items have been broken, on one occasion the front door had a great big hole in it where someone had kicked it and split the wood!

If you do go remember to take cleaning products, bleach and disinfectant - you'll need it especially in the shower!! And as for the beds - urgh! I'll say no more but when I've been on dance weekends I always make sure I take either a sleeping bag or a blanket to put on the mattress before I get into the bed!

If you want to go to Prestatyn I would say you would be better off going to Presthaven Sands which is a Haven Holiday Park (although it was in the 80's since I last went there so that might have gone down hill since those days too!).

But Pontin's is a definite no, no!

We also booked basic appartment "budget" argh!!

Oh no! Not the "budget" ones. :help: How long have you booked for?

I have always said that I cannot understand how Pontins get away with hiring out their chalets in the state they are - they should be prosecuted under the "trades description act". :hihi::hihi:

From the Watchdog Website:

Pontins once it had almost 30 holiday parks around the country, and became famous for its blue coat entertainers like Shane Richie and Bobby Davro. But, we don't think either of them will be re-visiting in the near future. We met Lesley Addrison, who checked into Prestatyn Sands - one of Pontins' five remaining parks, for a family holiday in May. Lesley told us:

"We kept our shoes on all the time, because the carpets were so dirty and as we got into bed we put our shoes on the floor, so we didn't have to walk on anything with bare feet. My husband had to use the bath one night, but there was no plug to hold the water in and it had somebody else's hairs entangled in the plug hole. To me, it just needed demolition - it was awful."

Sorry :help:

Booked a cheapo holiday there about 10 years ago, The chalet was very dirty and run down and the double bed was unusable, it had a peak in the middle. We paid £10 to hire bed linen that was worn out and nasty

The pattern on the sheets consisted of a logo that said something like Pontin's 25th anniversary 19xx, I can't remember the year, but I worked out that those sheets had potential been in use for over 20 years and that's the way they looked.

We left after a couple of days, it was a budget holiday, but we'd need paying to ever set foot in there again.

Going off at a tangent, the 1973 film Holiday On The Buses was filmed there.

Archived