Pontins - Prestatyn Sands

Pontins once it had almost 30 holiday parks around the country, and became famous for its blue coat entertainers like Shane Richie and Bobby Davro. But, we don't think either of them will be re-visiting in the near future. We met Lesley Addrison, who checked into Prestatyn Sands - one of Pontins' five remaining parks, for a family holiday in May. Lesley told us:

"We kept our shoes on all the time, because the carpets were so dirty and as we got into bed we put our shoes on the floor, so we didn't have to walk on anything with bare feet. My husband had to use the bath one night, but there was no plug to hold the water in and it had somebody else's hairs entangled in the plug hole. To me, it just needed demolition - it was awful."[/Quote]

Maybe the hairs acted like a plug, more environmentally friendly than plastic

We have booked for 3 nights half board. I am just hoping that it is ok. But from what people have said it wont be. Can we get our money back if we are not happy with its condition? Im worried now as im taking my 3 year old and 8 month old sons

At least they're young enough not to remember it, children are resilient.

• 2 months later...

We are going here on one of the Sun Deals. Only cost £70 for three nighs and hopefully kids will love it.

We will be going armed with our antibacterial wipes and own bedding to combat the place. Needed by the sounds of it.

We are going here on one of the Sun Deals. Only cost £70 for three nighs and hopefully kids will love it.

We will be going armed with our antibacterial wipes and own bedding to combat the place. Needed by the sounds of it.

You'd have to pay me more than £70 to get me back in there.

Archived