EDL Leader to be interviewed on Newsnight

The mistake you (and the EDL) are making is that this is a big issue to a lot of people. The vast MAJORITY of working class people in this country get on fine with their neighbours, whatever their race or religion, despite the best efforts of stirrers like the BNP and EDL.

When it comes down to it people are much more concerned about jobs, health, education, the defecit and inflation than the colour of someone's skin.

The BNP's appalling showing at the general election showed this.

Yes, immigration is a big issue but only to a very small minority of people. The rest of us just want to get on with our lives.

John X

I think people are confusing two issues, I can see how Robinson is not at all bothered about West Indians, Hindus and Sikhs. For a long time in this country Muslims especially Pakistani Muslims have been hated. Most of the racism has been directed at Pakistani Muslims and I constantly here people saying racism is not an issue these days. There is a degree of hostility towards Pakistani Muslims from some white and even black Afro Carribean people which has been going on for years. I have noticed this in Sheffield, Leeds, Luton, London, Birmingham and just about everywhere else. It's no surprise that all race riots in the last 20 years have been Pakistani Muslims vs Whites or Afro Carribeans. Interestingly this hostility towards Pakistani Muslims is not evident among African blacks or Irish Catholics.

The racism is primarily towards Pakistani Muslims and also Bangladeshi and Somali Muslims. The Turks and Arabs in London do not seem to be as hated as the Asian or Somali Muslims in the uk. I watched a tv documentary on skin heads in the late 1970s a few years ago. You'll be surprised at what they were saying "I aint got no problem with Jmaiacans I got loads of Jamaican mates it's Pakis we hate". The same thing is being repeated thirty years later and unless people realise that this is not about skin colour but targeted racism and hatred towards certain groups in society then things are not going to change. Some of the leaders of this racism are themselves immigrants for example Robinson is Irish and Gurmit Singh Indian.

The sad fact is that in modern Britain racism towards Muslims especially Asian and Somali Muslims is more acceptable than racism in general. Then people wander why Muslims are not integarting as much. The British medias constant negative protrayal of Pakistan as a terrorist country and negative portrayal of Muslims in Britain is not helping matters.

I think people are confusing two issues, I can see how Robinson is not at all bothered about West Indians, Hindus and Sikhs. For a long time in this country Muslims especially Pakistani Muslims have been hated. Most of the racism has been directed at Pakistani Muslims and I constantly here people saying racism is not an issue these days. There is a degree of hostility towards Pakistani Muslims from some white and even black Afro Carribean people which has been going on for years. I have noticed this in Sheffield, Leeds, Luton, London, Birmingham and just about everywhere else. It's no surprise that all race riots in the last 20 years have been Pakistani Muslims vs Whites or Afro Carribeans. Interestingly this hostility towards Pakistani Muslims is not evident among African blacks or Irish Catholics.

The racism is primarily towards Pakistani Muslims and also Bangladeshi and Somali Muslims. The Turks and Arabs in London do not seem to be as hated as the Asian or Somali Muslims in the uk. I watched a tv documentary on skin heads in the late 1970s a few years ago. You'll be surprised at what they were saying "I aint got no problem with Jmaiacans I got loads of Jamaican mates it's Pakis we hate". The same thing is being repeated thirty years later and unless people realise that this is not about skin colour but targeted racism and hatred towards certain groups in society then things are not going to change. Some of the leaders of this racism are themselves immigrants for example Robinson is Irish and Gurmit Singh Indian.

The sad fact is that in modern Britain racism towards Muslims especially Asian and Somali Muslims is more acceptable than racism in general. Then people wander why Muslims are not integarting as much. The British medias constant negative protrayal of Pakistan as a terrorist country and negative portrayal of Muslims in Britain is not helping matters.

Maybe its because they dont want to integrate that the perceived racism takes place ,I say perceived because thats all it is the Pakistani and Somalians in general want to live their own lives by their own rules in their own communities away from others as outsiders ,then the goody goodys who are that far removed from the actual facts want to step in and for some reason blmae their own,open your eyes and take a good hard look the fault is not with the Indigenous its the outsideras who have no wish to mingle...their holy book says they cant!!..Their is a lot of racism in this country you are all just targeting the wrong race to blame.

Maybe its because they dont want to integrate that the perceived racism takes place ,I say perceived because thats all it is the Pakistani and Somalians in general want to live their own lives by their own rules in their own communities away from others as outsiders ,then the goody goodys who are that far removed from the actual facts want to step in and for some reason blmae their own,open your eyes and take a good hard look the fault is not with the Indigenous its the outsideras who have no wish to mingle...their holy book says they cant!!..Their is a lot of racism in this country you are all just targeting the wrong race to blame.

Where does it say in "the holy book" that they can't integrate, and if what you say is true, how come we have the highest rate of inter-racial marriage in Europe?

You are outdated, you keep spouting nonsense that has no basis in fact, you make up passages from holy books and you crow bar your irrational hatred of muslims into every thread.

The EDL is nothing more than a one issue organisation,they dont have any real political aims apart from attacking the muslims,and of course they are funded by a jew.

They are also state and probably totally infiltrated by MI5 etc,if they were serious they would stand for election but they wont.

The EDL is nothing more than a one issue organisation,they dont have any real political aims apart from attacking the muslims,and of course they are funded by a jew.

No, they are not. The last time you made this preposterous claim your "evidence" was that a jewish chap once attended one of their protests.

Pffffffffffttttt!

No, they are not. The last time you made this preposterous claim your "evidence" was that a jewish chap once attended one of their protests.

Pffffffffffttttt!

dont talk silly they are funded by alan lake as you well know.ive given numeous links to show you and eveyone else,im not going to do it again.

Where does it say in "the holy book" that they can't integrate, and if what you say is true, how come we have the highest rate of inter-racial marriage in Europe?

You are outdated, you keep spouting nonsense that has no basis in fact, you make up passages from holy books and you crow bar your irrational hatred of muslims into every thread.

I have put it to you before on here that "racial" isn't the same as cultural.

I doupt very much that there are many mixed-culture relationships.

I have put it to you before on here that "racial" isn't the same as cultural.

I doupt very much that there are many mixed-culture relationships.

Then you'd be wrong.

Again.

Why are you so worked up about a subject you don't understand and remain ignorant about?

Then you'd be wrong.

Again.

Why are you so worked up about a subject you don't understand and remain ignorant about?

Sure there's many mixed race relationships, these couples are together presumably because they have a lot in common.

Examples of relationships where one is a Muslim of Pakistani heritage and the other isn't I'll bet are few and far between.

Archived