EDL Leader to be interviewed on Newsnight

You deny that many EDL members are criminals?.

When did I say that?

I consider them to be criminals. The problem is people don't see them as a joke, which is why I highlighted that you were wrong that they are all middle-aged alcoholics. Many, many members are very young which I find a lot more worrying than the idiots stumbling out of pubs.

Spindrift, who are you? seriously, I don't disagree with much of what you're posting about the EDL here, but what regular person has so much info at the ready to use on an Internet forum to argue against the traditional, or "right wing" on a range of different issues, and has the time and the inclination to do it like you appear to have?

Are you with HopeNotHate or something?

Serious question.

Spindrift, who are you? seriously, I don't disagree with much of what you're posting about the EDL here, but what regular person has so much info at the ready to use on an Internet forum to argue against the traditional, or "right wing" on a range of different issues, and has the time and the inclination to do it like you appear to have?

Are you with HopeNotHate or something?

Serious question.

There are internet sites where you can chat with men and find out more about them.

This isn't one of them.

but what regular person has so much info at the ready to use on an Internet forum to argue against the traditional, or "right wing"

I have no idea who spindrift is but I personally don't have a problem with people having information at their fingertips.

Last year, before the big collapse, when the BNP thought they were going to win every seat in Yorkshire and their supporters were coming out from under their stones in droves, a lot of normal people would say "While I don't support the BNP, immigration is getting out of control and we have to do something about it!"

When it was pointed out that the rate of immigration was in fact decreasing year on year from a high point in 2006, the reply would often be "Don't be ridiculous. You only have to go to Darnell to see that we are being over run by immigrants!"

These arguments went round and round, so I decided to actually dig up all the relevant information from impartial sources. It took a long time to do that and when I had done, I kept it handy to avoid having to dig it all up again.

As I said, this information was obtained for the benefit of normal people who seemed taken in by the BNP and their supporters' ranting and raving, not the right wingers themselves who seemed to think that a link to Migrationwatch, St*rmfr*nt or some nutty US Xtian site proved that my information was wrong.

Nothing wrong with having your information ready, especially on a forum where there are loads of opinions and not very many cold hard facts.

John X

Its live and let live as far as I'm concerned. I don't hate anyone and I find our mix of cultures rewarding, it adds to the country.

However, lets deal in facts. The EDL has many none white members. They are welcomed into the group. The EDL targets Muslims and not people of a different race.

Its been said that Muslims do or don't integrate. The fact is they don't, that's their business I'm not bothered. Can anyone provide an example of a Muslim girl marrying a white British male?

First bold. Why do they say the racial slur **** & go back home (where to Luton?) on their marches correction on their ape chant marches. The report done by Karina Nye on NN said the same.

Second Bold. It does happen.

First bold. Why do they say the racial slur **** & go back home (where to Luton?) on their marches correction on their ape chant marches. The report done by Karina Nye on NN said the same.

Second Bold. It does happen.

I'm not trying to justify their actions. I'm just stating what the bloke said on Newsnight...Which was = They are opposed to Islam. Not any particular Race, they have supporters from all different backgrounds...

They are opposed to Pakistani's who are Muslim, but not Pakistani's of no faith or a different one..That's what they claim, not me, by the way...

Its live and let live as far as I'm concerned. I don't hate anyone and I find our mix of cultures rewarding, it adds to the country.

However, lets deal in facts. The EDL has many none white members. They are welcomed into the group. The EDL targets Muslims and not people of a different race.

Its been said that Muslims do or don't integrate. The fact is they don't, that's their business I'm not bothered. Can anyone provide an example of a Muslim girl marrying a white British male?

My bold=

The chancellor George Osbornes brother has married a muslim girl heres the link= http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1233537/George-Osbornes-brother-Muslim-marry-love-14-years.html

Maybe its because they dont want to integrate that the perceived racism takes place ,I say perceived because thats all it is the Pakistani and Somalians in general want to live their own lives by their own rules in their own communities away from others as outsiders ,then the goody goodys who are that far removed from the actual facts want to step in and for some reason blmae their own,open your eyes and take a good hard look the fault is not with the Indigenous its the outsideras who have no wish to mingle...their holy book says they cant!!..Their is a lot of racism in this country you are all just targeting the wrong race to blame.

That's not true at all and I can prove it to you. Let's take Luton as an example because this where Robinson/Lennon is from. The local university is full of young Muslims the local colleges are full of young Muslims and the atmosphere is one of racial and religious harmony. The reason Bury Park in Luton is majority Muslim is because other communities chose to move out. It is known as white flight and has taken place all over the UK. This is how these majority areas like Bury Park have come into existence it's not because the Muslims chose to live seperately. Further proof of this is that many Muslims have moved to other areas of Luton and in these areas muslim and non muslim live side by side. In Luton Muslims work in all sectors of the town and have a visible presence in the work force. What this shows is that Muslims in Luton have integrated so why is there a problem? The problem is that across this country on council estates you have a minority of bigots who resent Pakistanis because most Pakistanis who came to this country started out with nothing but have got business's nice cars ect. They also resent Pakistanis strong family values and family support when many of them come from single parent families. The fact that the media portrays Muslims negatively gives these bigots more of an excuse to be racist.

He became a Muslim though didn't he? So this isn't a good example of a mixed culture relationship.

frank sydney asked for an example of a muslim girl marrying a white man and i gave him one, him converting to Islam is of no relevence.

why isn't it a good example of a mixed culture relationship?

Archived