EDL Leader to be interviewed on Newsnight

That's not true at all and I can prove it to you. Let's take Luton as an example because this where Robinson/Lennon is from. The local university is full of young Muslims the local colleges are full of young Muslims and the atmosphere is one of racial and religious harmony. The reason Bury Park in Luton is majority Muslim is because other communities chose to move out. It is known as white flight and has taken place all over the UK. This is how these majority areas like Bury Park have come into existence it's not because the Muslims chose to live seperately. Further proof of this is that many Muslims have moved to other areas of Luton and in these areas muslim and non muslim live side by side. In Luton Muslims work in all sectors of the town and have a visible presence in the work force. What this shows is that Muslims in Luton have integrated so why is there a problem? The problem is that across this country on council estates you have a minority of bigots who resent Pakistanis because most Pakistanis who came to this country started out with nothing but have got business's nice cars ect. They also resent Pakistanis strong family values and family support when many of them come from single parent families. The fact that the media portrays Muslims negatively gives these bigots more of an excuse to be racist.

Couldn't have put it better myself, blaming muslims for their own failures has become the norm to these people.

Couldn't have put it better myself, blaming muslims for their own failures has become the norm to these people.
Seconded! It's not only the norm but same lame excuse is used by those less intelligent to have an opinion of their own.

My bold=

The chancellor George Osbornes brother has married a muslim girl heres the link= http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1233537/George-Osbornes-brother-Muslim-marry-love-14-years.html

It kind of proves the opposite! He wouldn't have been allowed to marry her if he didn't convert to become a Muslim. In effect he had to change his religion. He only did this to please his future wife's parents or they would block any marriage. He had no desire to become a Muslim apart from to marry the girl.

This is what I'm trying to say. The EDL do not bar anyone of a different race. They have a problem with Islam, the religion. I don't know if there's a name for this...

They do bar people of different races and abuse those of different races. Although they claim its only Islam they have a problem with, this isn't true of any of the protests I've seen, or supporters I have spoken with.

In what capacity do you attend their marches Claire?

They are opposed to Pakistani's who are Muslim, but not Pakistani's of no faith or a different one..That's what they claim, not me, by the way...

But as your 'friend' Claire keeps pointing out, that subtle difference is not properly appreciated by Asian residents in Stoke, Peterborough and Luton when these gangs of mainly shaven-headed white men go rampaging through their areas banging on shop windows, spitting in doorways and shouting **** off home ****!

John X

But as your 'friend' Claire keeps pointing out, that subtle difference is not properly appreciated by Asian residents in Stoke, Peterborough and Luton when these gangs of mainly shaven-headed white men go rampaging through their areas banging on shop windows, spitting in doorways and shouting **** off home ****!

John X

I do appreciate that. I'm just trying to have a discussion about their ideology and find out what people think of this. I'm not supporting their view. I believe the only future we have is by accepting others and sharing the worlds resources and wealth.

It's difficult to discuss an issue like this without it getting into name calling, it's like treading on egg shells. It would be good to get a strong supporter on here to have a debate without it being closed....

I'm interested in what makes them tick...

Archived