EDL Leader to be interviewed on Newsnight

They will gain support and by merely dismissing them as football hooligans and thugs you are misguided.

Gain support how and from who?

Even the BNP realised that being seig heiling, shouty football hooligans would lead nowhere and that to attract any more support they would need to put on suits. Even then they achieved limited success and are now in decline.

Where do you see the EDL in two years time?

John X

Gain support how and from who?

Even the BNP realised that being seig heiling, shouty football hooligans would lead nowhere and that to attract any more support they would need to put on suits. Even then they achieved limited success and are now in decline.

Where do you see the EDL in two years time?

John X

I think they'll grow. How much will depend on other factors. For instance, if there was another terrorist attack, they'd gain much more support. But who knows. They'll be a thorn in the side of the government for a while yet...

I think they'll grow. How much will depend on other factors. For instance, if there was another terrorist attack, they'd gain much more support. But who knows. They'll be a thorn in the side of the government for a while yet...

I assume you mean a terrorist attack by a Muslim and not another by an EDL member?

For instance, if there was another terrorist attack, they'd gain much more support.

In the unlikely event that there was another attack in the UK, people are much more likely to seek refuge in the state, police and security services than a disparate group like the EDL. The problem they have is they don't actually offer anything other than predjudice and hatred. Shouty blokes who offer no solutions!

Hopefully in prison.

Judging by the cocaine sweats on Robinson's face last night I wouldn't be surprised to see him getting a possession conviction to go with his assault conviction. :hihi:

John X

I don't know you haven't specified.

Maybe you should ask a few residents of Luton who they will fear most this coming Saturday.

They keep finding bombs in right-wing nut-jobs bedrooms. The cops have said the next terrorist atrocity may well be at the hands of the EDL scum, or idiots like them.

They keep finding bombs in right-wing nut-jobs bedrooms. The cops have said the next terrorist atrocity may well be at the hands of the EDL scum, or idiots like them.

I agree. Look at Trevor Hannington and Michael Heaton - terrorists.

The EDL have people living in fear and I challenge anyone to go to one of their marches and come back still believing they are not a racist group.

I agree. Look at Trevor Hannington and Michael Heaton - terrorists.

The EDL have people living in fear and I challenge anyone to go to one of their marches and come back still believing they are not a racist group.

The EDL are largely knuckle-dragging football holligans with a website. many members are exBNP so of course are paedophiles.

But the police explicitly stated that far-right terrorism is a real threat.

Archived