EDL Leader to be interviewed on Newsnight

If you think the EDL are more of a terrorist threat than muslim extremists you're deluded. On that note its goodbye to this thread from me. There's no point trying to discuss the matter......:suspect::D

the police think so:

A network of suspected far-right extremists with access to 300 weapons and 80 bombs has been uncovered by counter-terrorism detectives.

Thirty-two people have been questioned in a police operation that raises the prospect of a right-wing bombing campaign against mosques. Police are said to have recovered a British National party membership card and other right-wing literature during a raid on the home of one suspect charged under the Terrorism Act.

In England’s largest seizure of a suspected terrorist arsenal since the IRA mainland bombings of the early 1990s, rocket launchers, grenades, pipe bombs and dozens of firearms have been recovered in the past six weeks during raids on more than 20 properties. Several people have been charged and more arrests are imminent.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6638139.ece

around the British far right:

David Copeland, who’s 1999 nail bombing campaign should serve as a brtutal warning of the threat posed by such extremists

West Yorkshire Police raids that found far-right groups in possession of 80 bombs

The fortuitous arrest of Neil Lewington in 2008, found to be carrying explosives on a train platform

The 2008 find of “the largest amount of chemical explosives ever found in this country”, in the home of former BNP election candidate, Robert Cottage

The 2008 discovery of a large quantity of nail bombs as police investigated Martyn Gilleard on child abuse images charges.

http://thecst.org.uk/blog/?p=726

There are dozens of far-right websites that explain – with handy video links – how to make bombs, and then urge you to head to the nearest mosque, synagogue or gay club. But as the New Statesman’s Mehdi Hassan has pointed out, as far as public debate goes, it’s as if these crimes never happened. While planned attacks by jihadis (rightly) dominate the news agenda for days, these remarkably similar plans pass unmentioned and unnoticed.This disjunction exposes a rash of hypocrisy. The parts of the right that gleefully blame all Muslims for the actions of a tiny minority are mysteriously reluctant to apply the same arguments to themselves…

If you think the EDL are more of a terrorist threat than muslim extremists you're deluded.

I agree.

The recent history of the far right in this country is liittered with of examples of spectacular incompetance with regards to mounting terrorist actions.

Apart from the BNP's David Copeland, how many successful 'nationalist' terror attacks have there been? ;)

John X

If you think the EDL are more of a terrorist threat than muslim extremists you're deluded. On that note its goodbye to this thread from me. There's no point trying to discuss the matter......:suspect::D

Sorry, I don't recall saying the EDL were more of a terrorist threat than Muslim extremists. Please don't tell me what I think.

Archived