Where can I take my little girl?

AKITA

Hi there i am a little stuck, i have a little girl nearly 2 years old and i want to tak her out this weekend sum were, i am not sure were to take her she is very forward for her age and we have been to places like the swimming baths, the deep at hull and all the useual park, farms, pet shops and stuff like that. Please help me i dont want to travel too far may be as far as leeds or york.

Originally posted by AKITA

Hi there i am a little stuck, i have a little girl nearly 2 years old and i want to tak her out this weekend sum were, i am not sure were to take her she is very forward for her age and we have been to places like the swimming baths, the deep at hull and all the useual park, farms, pet shops and stuff like that. Please help me i dont want to travel too far may be as far as leeds or YORK .

You said it yourself! YORK:thumbsup:

Sorry AKITA.

Railway museum (free) which doesn't just have big engines to look at.

Castle museum (don't know cost) has displays of costumes and toys etc.

Model train museum (don't know cost)

River trips (ditto)

Big station to watch trains go by.

Big 'spooky' minster.

Jorvik centre (ditto) She should enjoy that.

Recommend them all :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ooo erm...

there's the Railway Museum right next to the station, Jorvik, ARC (archaeolgical resource centre - aimed at kids) Castle Museum, Cliffords Tower and all the walls to walk, the Yorkshire Museum (just over the bridge from the railway then through the park on your left), the Minster.... erm.. is that enough for a day out????

Em

xx

:D

EDIT: oops posted at same time...

great minds think alike ;)

In Leeds...Tropical World near Roundhay Park.

Chestnut Centre (animal sanctuary type place) on the Glossop Road after Castleton.

Chatsworth House and farm, Derbyshire.

Butterfly House, Anston, near Dinnington.

Could go on all night AKITA.:P

If the weather is nice on Sunday you could go to ride on the model railway in Ecclesall Woods almost across from the Abbeydale garden centre. It's open from 1pm and they usually have a few trains running which in some cases are scale model working steam locomotives. They have toilet facilities there and sell hot drinks and I thhink confectionary. Very popular with the little kids and not hideously expensive, i think the rides are 60p a go .

Oh we were into tons of this days out stuff when I was younger...

Chestnut Centre is brilliant - otters are great, I'd really really recommend it especially at this time of year before the animals go into hibernation.

Tropical World - pretty good day out, and I liked the smaller Butterfly House (it's got an animal farm bit too)too.

One place we went to on a school trip was Blist Hill Victorian Village (but it's in Shropshire...) which is great, though probably not suitable for such a young childlet.

Chatsworth Playground is bloody amazing for kids, though she's a bit young and although there's a smaller area for that age kids, you do have to pay to get in so it's a bit silly to miss out on most of it.

We used to go to York quite a lot when I was little - bloody loved the place, especially the Railway Museum, I remember queueing hours for Jorvik and being a bit disappointed, and quite pricey too. When she's older I'd recommend the York Dungeon, it's great :thumbsup: .

Urr....Chesterfield Park has a boating lake and miniature train.

If you're willing to go that far, Kinderland in Scarborough and Peasholm Park next door would be perfect - Kinderland is a 'theme' park aimed at young children. On the same note I've heard Gulliver's Kingdom is good for this also.

One thing that also catches the chain of thought.....

Anyone know if Pett's Corner (Sundown) is still open? How amazing would that be! (If it is, you HAVE to take her)

Archived