Putting a car back on the road after its written off.

My OH has a Renault Scenic,she has had the car written off,due to a small dent on the tailgate.

Someone reversed out of a parking spot at Meadowhall,into the back of her :roll:.

I have checked for damage underneath and under the boot carpet,all seems fine.

The car is in decent nick ( apart from the dent ) drives superb and has only done 60,000 miles for a T reg,that is good.

Just needed some advice how you get it back on the road after shes been paid out.

Many Thanks.......

You will have to see if you can buy it back. Also depends what category it's been written off at, Cat C and D can go back on the road but A and B can't. Obviously the resale value will be adversely affected if it's gone down as cat C and D as this shows up on the records. I think cat c needs a check to be allowed on the road after it's been repaired too.

If it was another persons fault their insurance should have had it repaired! I'd have told them to stuff it if someone else's insurance company tried to write off my car for a small dent!

Archived