Problems with Groupon??

Hi All,

I recently purchased a voucher from Groupon for a hair cut and colour at Essensuals. I called to book my appointment and was told by the salon that Groupon had sold double the amount of vouchers than they should have and they weren't accepting any more appointments.

I have contacted Groupon mumerous times over the past 7 days by email and phone to sort a refund. Everytime I call it just rings and rings and goes to a recorded message advising to email their support team!

What should I do??? Has anyone else had this problem???

I'm surprised that groupon haven't got back to you the customer service is usually good, when you email them. I had a problem last month with a voucher i had bought i emailed them and within 24 hours they replied with a refund. include the voucher code when you email as its easier to trace the trasaction i was told.

• 6 months later...

Isn't Groupon a bit of a con? I can't see the point in paying for a discount. If the service is that good I'm sure they wouldn't need to sell me a voucher in order to get a discount. Also Foxy Lady's post sounds like some things should cost that bit more as the extra expense often guarantees a better class of customer. If you want cheap go to Castle market.

Isn't Groupon a bit of a con? I can't see the point in paying for a discount. If the service is that good I'm sure they wouldn't need to sell me a voucher in order to get a discount.

If you've never been there before, you wouldn't know whether or not the service is good; but getting to try it out at a discounted price might tempt you to go and find out.

That's the idea behind all of these schemes. Whether it's being successful or not is quite another matter. I've had no problems with the (few) vouchers I've bought, from Groupon and one or two other similar sites.

ive used groupon about 3 times - 2 for meals, which ran smootly, booked my appointment times and turned up - ate very well :D, the other was for 6 sessions for beauty related, again all went well with large discounts . so i've never had a problem as yet? But if you email groupon -include the voucher codes etc, they should refund your money, good luck xx

I had a problem with groupon once and it took them 8 days to reply! I would go into the place you booked it with and ask them to contact groupon while your there and let them sort it out! Tell them its not your fault and your very unhappy. Chances are rather than them argue with you or mess about phoning groupon they will book you in. Its easy for companies to dismiss people on the phone but not face to face.

Archived