Hazard Perception - Driving Test

Hi ... I've got my Driving Theory test coming up, and seem to be struggling a bit with the "Hazard Perception" part of it ... Any tips from anyone who has taken the test recently would be helpful!

Also, is there any limit to the number of clicks you are allowed per clips, before you are deemed to have cheated?

The test states that there will be one (out of 14) clips that will have two hazards. This is a bit tricky, because most clips seem to have multiple incidents that can be classified as a hazard. But until you see the full clip, you cannot decide the "real hazard" in that clip. Any tips to identify the real double hazard?

I was taught to click when you see the potential hazard, click again when it develops and click again when you pass it/ change directions, or have to stop.

I passed 2 weeks ago and until I was told that I was failing all practice tests but passed the theory with 66 out of 75 (pass mark is 44 I believe). Also I found that the HP in the test was slightly easier as it was more obviousl as there was not as much going on as in the practice clips

Good Luck :)

Thanks - that was encouraging, as I am not doing all that good with the software that I have.

I have read that if you click too many times, the software decides that you are trying to cheat and rejects your points for that clip. Is there any limit to the maximum number of times that you can click?

I passed mine last week, was easier than i thought, lots of practice on the PC CDROM helps if you have one.

It can say you're cheating if you click lots and lots of times, but if you just look out for hazards and click when you first see them, then every time it changes there on you will be fine, some clips i clicked 10-15 times on and never got the message to say i was cheating.

like Bambeano said, the hazards in the clips are so obvious its hard to go wrong.

(ps if you don't have the CD ROM pm me)

I was taught to click when you see the potential hazard, click again when it develops and click again when you pass it/ change directions, or have to stop.

I passed 2 weeks ago and until I was told that I was failing all practice tests but passed the theory with 66 out of 75 (pass mark is 44 I believe). Also I found that the HP in the test was slightly easier as it was more obviousl as there was not as much going on as in the practice clips

Good Luck :)

Thats worrying!

Thanks - that was encouraging, as I am not doing all that good with the software that I have.

I have read that if you click too many times, the software decides that you are trying to cheat and rejects your points for that clip. Is there any limit to the maximum number of times that you can click?

if you click a lot you will lose the points for that clip it did it to me

Hi ... I've got my Driving Theory test coming up, and seem to be struggling a bit with the "Hazard Perception" part of it ... Any tips from anyone who has taken the test recently would be helpful!

Also, is there any limit to the number of clicks you are allowed per clips, before you are deemed to have cheated?

The test states that there will be one (out of 14) clips that will have two hazards. This is a bit tricky, because most clips seem to have multiple incidents that can be classified as a hazard. But until you see the full clip, you cannot decide the "real hazard" in that clip. Any tips to identify the real double hazard?

if you look on youtube it's on there, also some good driving tips :)

Archived