Look North/ Look Leeds

nickswfc

Wow according to LOOK LEEDS there's only one yorkshire derby this weekend its LEEDS v DONCASTER ROVERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

obviously us in SHEFFIELD dont count as usual

all together now

"we all hate Leeds n Leeds n Leeds

Leeds n Leeds n Leeds n Leeds

Leeds n Leeds n Leeds n Leeds

We all ...................... HATE LEEDS"

Ha ha, we're languishing in the third division and you're still in our shadow.

it dont matter wether your an owl or blade we might not like each most of the time but 1 thing is certain we all hate the dirty leeds all of the time!!!

Sorry, no we don't. Some of us have actually grown up and abandoned playschool insults and meaningless hatred.

Not many, by the look of it.

I was really annoyed by this also, although i have come to expect nothing less from that pathetic outfit, ill see what there is tonight and if they do ignore it then they will be getting a letter of complaint.

I was really annoyed by this also, although i have come to expect nothing less from that pathetic outfit, ill see what there is tonight and if they do ignore it then they will be getting a letter of complaint.

It may all be part of a ploy to banish Sheffield from the county of Yorkshire as you're practically Derbyshire anyway.

envy?what have we got to be jealous of?your in a division lower than the both of us,just a shame there not rotting in the division it would have great if dirty leeds had gone bankrupt and never to be seen again!!:hihi:

You tell me what you've got to be envious of. You're the one who's obsessed with this 'minor' club.

Hi- I hope you dont mind me using the forum like this- but I thought I ought to reply to your comments about our programme.

Assuming the game is on we'll definitely have a report on our main show tonight at 6.30.

Earlier in the week we thought we ought to run preview reports about the Sheffield derby and the Leeds-Doncaster match (I know they're in League 1 but it is the first time they've played for 50 years and they both may go up). We didnt want to show them both on the same night because not everyone is into football; so we decided to show our Leeds-Doncaster report on Thursday and our report on the bigger match - the derby- tonight.

On our main programme at 6.30 last night, before we broadcast the report, we explained the Sheffield derby report would be tonight. When we showed the Leeds-Doncaster report on our shorter bulletin at 1025 we neglected to give that explanation- and we should have - I'm sorry.

We did run brief clips of both Brian Laws and Bryan Robson at breakfast time this morning. Our bulletins in the morning are so short we didnt have time for much more then - our report tonight will be more detailed.

I've been editor of Look North for a year now. I know a lot of people in Sheffield think we're too 'Look Leeds' - and so I've been trying to move reporters out of Leeds, and to cover more stories in South Yorkshire- especially the really big ones like the floods.

All being well, we're also hoping to launch a brand new news service- just for South Yorkshire- next year.

Thanks for reading this far. If you ever want to get in touch directly, you can email me at look.north@bbc.co.uk.

Tim Smith, Editor, BBC Look North

PS I mentioned this last time I was on the Forum; just in case you were wondering- I'm not a Leeds fan. I've lived in Yorkshire for nearly twenty years but i'm a southerner by birth - and I've been a Wimbledon fan all my life. Don't hold it against me !

Archived