Look North/ Look Leeds

nickswfc

I intend on sending at least one complaint each day about the previous days programme. You never know they may get so sick of me they offer me a job as correspondent for South Yorkshire.

I've got more personality and would look better than Christa Ackroyd anyway.l

"Is Crosspool a transmiter or a relay?"

Relay of Emley Moor broadcasting the southern output of Calendar - Emley Moor itself has Calandar West, Belmont covers Lincolnshire and the East Riding (Calandar East), and North Yorkshire's main provider is Tyne Tees.

There are three versions of BBC North (similar to YTV's three sub-regions) - they are:

- BBC North - North East & Cumbria (ITV equiv. : Tyne Tees)

- BBC North - East Yorkshire and Lincolnshire (ITV equiv. : Cent/Yorks [East].)

- BBC North - West/South Yorkshire.

The other day I noted down the location of each news story on Look North. Here are the results:

Leeds

Thorne (Doncaster)

West Bretton (Huddersfield)

Dewsbury

Wakefield

Bradford/Wakefield

Bradford

Leyburn (North Yorkshire)

Bingley

That was just a one-off, but it doesn't strike me as Leeds centric - or am I missing something? I suppose when they are presenting 'the news' then it will depend where the news stories emerge as to the locations mentioned and this will vary day by day.

You will probably find people in Leeds think Look North is Sheffield centric...?

Originally posted by Hels

The other day I noted down the location of each news story on Look North. Here are the results:

Leeds

Thorne (Doncaster)

Dewsbury

Wakefield

Bradford/Wakefield

Bradford

Bingley

They're all North Yorkshire though, aren't they?

Are Look North reporters too lazy to drive down the M1 or summat?

Ignoring Doncaster (as most Sheffielders do):

Leeds

Dewsbury

Wakefield

Bradford/Wakefield

Bradford

Bingley

Leeds / Bradford / Wakefield / Hudderfield are practically one and the same.

Dewsbury & Bingley? How on earth did they make the news :?

It's laziness on the part of Look North reporters :|

It should be renamed 'Look, North Yorkshire'

Oh Abdul, hun! You could upset so many people!

Wakefield is a city in its own right, so is Leeds, so is Bradford.

Huddersfield is fiercely independent and Dewsbury (well, what can we say about Dewsbury)?

But no, you can't just lump them all together, they are as independant from Leeds as much as (if not more so) than Sheffield is.

Hels

You are seriously missing the point!

The fact of the matter is Look North should be depicting are fair and unbiased view on the whole of Yorkshire. Unfortunately they seem to forget that South Yorkshire exists.

Yet again last night little to no mention of anywhere in South Yorks, although they will claim the reason is tonights episode will be focusing on Michael Vaughan and his tribute in Sheffield. Did anyone notice though how Harry had to make the point that Michael was not born in Sheffield, heaven forbid a great sportman comes from somewhere other than Leeds or Bradford!

I seriously am considering applying for a job as Christa's replacement, never have I seen such a bland person on television.

Archived