Look North/ Look Leeds

nickswfc

A typical Blunt or Wendy still living in the shadows of Yorkshires Biggest club.

Even got a sneaky feeling that there will be a bigger crowd at £35.00 a ticket Elland Road (only tickets available earlier in the week) than there will be at Swillsborough.

Dream of league titles,european trips,cup wins history etc......

And get over the 'i'm jelous to death of Leeds' bit

I'm from Sheffield...lived here all my life .....but proud to be Leeds when it comes to football.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee All love Leeds and Leeds and Leeds !!!!!!!!!!

Ps.......i'll wave as we pass the relegated Fowls on our way back up !!

As I remember it, Look North was based in Leeds on the Monday night of the floods with more coverage of the Aire than the Don. Considering much of the damage had been done by then, I could not understand this. Afterwards they must have realised that this made them look a bit silly and so had the Tuesday programme as an OB from Winn Gardens.

So have they learnt? I don't think so, as earlier this week when I watched it the photos of high water were all in the WY and York directions.

Do they not realise that there will tend to be a bias to their base and that they seem patronising when they cover Sheffield. As a public service broadcaster, why ape Calendar. Why not base some of their output in Sheffield?

Hi- I hope you dont mind me using the forum like this- but I thought I ought to reply to your comments about our programme.

Assuming the game is on we'll definitely have a report on our main show tonight at 6.30.

I've been editor of Look North for a year now. I know a lot of people in Sheffield think we're too 'Look Leeds' - and so I've been trying to move reporters out of Leeds, and to cover more stories in South Yorkshire- especially the really big ones like the floods.

All being well, we're also hoping to launch a brand new news service- just for South Yorkshire- next year.

Thanks for reading this far. If you ever want to get in touch directly, you can email me at look.north@bbc.co.uk.

Tim Smith, Editor, BBC Look North

PS I mentioned this last time I was on the Forum; just in case you were wondering- I'm not a Leeds fan. I've lived in Yorkshire for nearly twenty years but i'm a southerner by birth - and I've been a Wimbledon fan all my life. Don't hold it against me !

A typical Blunt or Wendy still living in the shadows of Yorkshires Biggest club.

Even got a sneaky feeling that there will be a bigger crowd at £35.00 a ticket Elland Road (only tickets available earlier in the week) than there will be at Swillsborough.

Dream of league titles,european trips,cup wins history etc......

And get over the 'i'm jelous to death of Leeds' bit

I'm from Sheffield...lived here all my life .....but proud to be Leeds when it comes to football.

yep thats the way to do it... lose to doncaster eh? thats showin us aint it??:D

This person is obviously insane and needs sectioning straight away. A Sheffielder.....supporting Leeds??? ...i just can't comment any more

I have to say however that I agree with all the comments about Look Leeds.

Maybe that's why we all live in the Peoples Republic of South Yorkshire...the best place on earth!

Did you miss the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half ?

He/she must have. I was saying to our lass 'you're gonna score in a sec' (she's a blade, I'm an owl) because you were all over us during that period and we couldn't get out of our half. Blue tinted glasses there I think. ;)

Archived