Look North/ Look Leeds

nickswfc

What exactly was the thing about Monster Trucks and Sheff Wed?

I vaguely remember it being something to do with their Littlewoods Cup celebrations being cut short on ITV to show War of the Monster Trucks....Would that have happened with Leeds Utd?

Regards

Doom

And you don't think Sheffield is a right ****hole then? Leeds is a brighter more vibrant city and is fortunate in the respect that its not full of dee dah's!

Born and bred in Sheffield but I have to agree.

I recently took a friend (from abroad) to the city centre and down the Moor (I hadn't seen the Moor for years) I actually apologised to him for the state of my city centre. It's bad, it's a dump and not fit for purpose. The SCC should be ashamed.

Any time anybody here asks me where I came from, and I tell them Sheffield, they say one of two things, "that's where they make the knives" or "that's where they made The Full Monty". I said I came from Leeds just to get the reaction. All I got were puzzled looks.

Becuase the aim of the programme is to provide coverage of all the area. To turn it on its head then, how does the programme provide content to viewers in Leeds of what is happening outside its "goldfish bowl". Leeds neither has an higher profile or is pre-eminent in the region, its just where the show is broadcast from so its easier for them.

If Leeds does not have the edge,why was it chosen as a regional HQ for broadcasting?To turn your idea on its head why would people in Leeds ever wish to learn about unemptied black bins,parking fines,best fish and chips,tattoos,bullying,city-cetre failure,football failure and other issues which beset Sheffield.

Archived