Look North/ Look Leeds

nickswfc

The thing is I am not a fan-you read too literally.I dont think you get it.

I get it alright.

I note you are fan of the Stones.

Saw them at the City Hall in the late 50s I don't think they sang over a tape

now they were a fantastic group.

I get it alright.

I note you are fan of the Stones.

Saw them at the City Hall in the late 50s I don't think they sang over a tape

now they were a fantastic group.

In the late 50s the Stones were either at school or LSE;do you mean the late 60s?Perhaps you meant you saw the Stones in their late 50s?

In the late 50s the Stones were either at school or LSE;do you mean the late 60s?Perhaps you meant you saw the Stones in their late 50s?

Yes it must have been later,seem to remember that they were support band

but cannot remember who was top of the bill. Mrs thinks the year was64 or 65.

Yes it must have been later,seem to remember that they were support band

but cannot remember who was top of the bill. Mrs thinks the year was64 or 65.

The Stones had already gained No 1 hits by then so it is hard to see who would top them-Red Rooster,Paint My Back and Satisfaction,The Lust Time and 19th Heinous Breakdown

Did you see the massive coverage about the Leeds Big Wheel? I cant recall Sheffield getting that airtime when it was in Fargate, I think if Christa Ackroyd farted, it would have an in depth analysis of the quality of the sound and rated on the "Smell-o-Meter" in fact it would take centre stage over a murder in Sheffield

Don't forget she personally has brought the Tour de France to leeds and Harrogate.

More obsession with Leeds.....(it'll be even worse when the fantastic new (not a fiver to park and is in the city centre) arena opens !

Lived in Sheffield all my 47 years .....and seen with my own eyes how much it's declined ....

For 40 of those years (ish) i've been going to Leeds to watch my favourite football team Leeds United and i've seen how much Leeds as a city has grown.

The cities don't compare......Leeds is a far nicer,cleaner city with fabulous shopping centres....bars and pubs that cater for different tastes.

Anyway.....back on track.........It's just the same with the Sheffield Star........I'm sick of reading about some wheelbarrow thief from Rotherham,or a wheelie bin burner from Wingerworth !

And speaking of Calendar.....i get the 'yorkshire' version........while my dear old mum who lives 100 yards away get's the 'Lincolnshire' version !

Not keen of look north ........met Christa in Valencia during our champions league days and she came accross as completely stuck up ! AND as for that wetherman ......grrrrr don't get me started on him.....never like him since he showed his 'we all hate Leeds' mug off on tele !

Bring back Richard Whitely and the Ferret !

More obsession with Leeds.....(it'll be even worse when the fantastic new (not a fiver to park and is in the city centre) arena opens !

Lived in Sheffield all my 47 years .....and seen with my own eyes how much it's declined ....

For 40 of those years (ish) i've been going to Leeds to watch my favourite football team Leeds United and i've seen how much Leeds as a city has grown.

The cities don't compare......Leeds is a far nicer,cleaner city with fabulous shopping centres....bars and pubs that cater for different tastes.

Anyway.....back on track.........It's just the same with the Sheffield Star........I'm sick of reading about some wheelbarrow thief from Rotherham,or a wheelie bin burner from Wingerworth !

And speaking of Calendar.....i get the 'yorkshire' version........while my dear old mum who lives 100 yards away get's the 'Lincolnshire' version !

Not keen of look north ........met Christa in Valencia during our champions league days and she came accross as completely stuck up ! AND as for that wetherman ......grrrrr don't get me started on him.....never like him since he showed his 'we all hate Leeds' mug off on tele !

Bring back Richard Whitely and the Ferret !

just the Ferret will be enough thankyou.:hihi:

bars and pubs that cater for different tastes.
Sheffields best bars and pubs are streets ahead of Leeds. Or anywhere in the country.

The cities don't compare......Leeds is a far nicer,cleaner city with fabulous shopping centres....

Sheffield has better parks and its best areas rival anywhere. What brings Sheff down is its shopping area. Which frankly is a nasty joke.

Finally Leeds is culturally a black hole. Damien Hirst & Kaiser Chiefs anyone? Thought not:)

Archived