Look North/ Look Leeds

nickswfc

Both of the so called news programs seem to waste time on dull not particularily news worthy stories which I find annoying. Calendar is better than Look North purely because for four or five minutes it splits to various regional Calendars so we might get a brief mention.

I have actually gone to the trouble of sending e-mails to both programs pointing out my feelings, maybe if more people in Sheffield complained we'd see some action on the subject.

• 6 months later...

This has been mentioned before and i believe Look North had several e-mails from Sheffield Forum members asking for a better coverage of the area. I don't tend to bother with Look North as I've no real interest in hearing local news for leeds and have also gone as far as to grumble to Calendar. I get the one that has a small segment of the program broadcast from the Calendar south newsroom and would much prefer it if this small segment was extended and all the trashy human interest stories binned.

Originally posted by WallBuilder

This has been mentioned before and i believe Look North had several e-mails from Sheffield Forum members asking for a better coverage of the area. I don't tend to bother with Look North as I've no real interest in hearing local news for leeds and have also gone as far as to grumble to Calendar. I get the one that has a small segment of the program broadcast from the Calendar south newsroom and would much prefer it if this small segment was extended and all the trashy human interest stories binned.

It's because of the opt-out you get - there are South (from Crosspool relay), West from Emley Moor and East from Belmont (the Lincolnshire output). The opt-outs (this is where a part of the news goes to your specific area as opposed to generic Yorkshire) are supposed to talley up with the four parts of your county - however most of North Yorkshire - editorially and coverage wise receives ITV1 Tyne Tees!

ITV1 Yorkshire's site (the news area of it), is a bit thin, however BBC SY is reasonable - I find BBCi good for your part of the world.

This is semi-similar to us - originally the Blue Bell Hill TX transmitted Thames (prior to Carlton [London]), but in 1982, it switched to Meridian being broadcast from there, thus giving many thousands of peoplepeople in northern Kent (Greater London) the wrong ITV region! :R

:)

Archived