Should obese kids be air lifted to safety?

Back to the thread, it's up to parents and school to teach children from a young age the importance of exercise, healthy eating and healthy lifestyle. It's up to the child as it gets older to apply itself. Unfortunately parents, schools and kids are failing which means as a nation we're getting fatter and having to replace our ambulances.

Children are getting pretty fat. Nintendo's Wii computer gaming machine has done a lot for getting once couch potatoed kids semi-active, but now many of them are opting for games such as Virtual Wii, where you use a regular controller pad to play as someone playing the Wii. Laziness.

How much are the parents to blame for the bloaterisation of our nation? Should social services be removing these helpless food junkies from the greasy, dripping hands of their serial abusers?

How should we punish parents of obese kids? De-skin them and cover them in tabasco sauce before serving them in a pitta to their own litter? Or make them eat road?

I think supermarkets are the main cause of obesity. They target children with BOGOF offers on junk food and fat filled ready meals.

Schools are also no help. They don't teach children about food like they should do. They don't let kids play like they used to. My little brothers school won't let the kids play football on the courts anymore because too many kids fall over and cut them selves, so for half the year they have nothing to do on their lunch breaks.

Another problem is over developement. Killamarsh used to be surrounded by fields which I used to play football on. Now the only place fit for a game is the leisure centre astro turf pitches and you have to pay to play on them.

I used to play on my Atari just as much as kids play on PS£'s amd Xboxes today so I don't think you can blame games consoles.

Some children and adults may be Over weight due to medical reasons.

Wheelchair bound , due to mobility issues that relate to medical needs.

I have a child that is a wheelchair user, total relies on an adult for self care

Needs , yes he is over weight BUT due to not been able to use one side of his body due to a brain tumour , so it's not all about kids not eating the right foods, and exercise there are also some genuine medical needs that also have an impact on ones weight

Some children and adults may be Over weight due to medical reasons.

Wheelchair bound , due to mobility issues that relate to medical needs.

I have a child that is a wheelchair user, total relies on an adult for self care

Needs , yes he is over weight BUT due to not been able to use one side of his body due to a brain tumour , so it's not all about kids not eating the right foods, and exercise there are also some genuine medical needs that also have an impact on ones weight

Read sensibly it's pretty obvious this thread is about people who are obese because of their chosen lifestyle and diet and not because of non-medical reasons like the ones you mention. :rolleyes:

"LaughingCow" seems a strange username when you can't spot a joke.

Yes your statistics were an intended joke. I believe you. Thousands wouldn't.

Extreme as your figures were, they fit in line with the uninformed nonsense people come out with these days.

Archived