Points young drivers help

i got 6 point at 16 got band for a year before i had passed and had to take an extended driving test when i was 18

,,,, but the 6 point still on my license,,, i just got a letter about a red light offense and been told recieve 3 points ,,,, will this mean im banned

iv looked into it but dont really undertand

Penalty points gained before passing your driving test

Any penalty points you gain before passing your first driving test are taken into account. However, having six or more doesn’t mean your licence will be revoked straight after you pass your test.

Gaining further points after passing your test, taking your total to six or more, will mean your licence will be revoked.

so does this mean i can get 6 points from when i pass

i got 6 point at 16 got band for a year before i had passed and had to take an extended driving test when i was 18

,,,, but the 6 point still on my license,,, i just got a letter about a red light offense and been told recieve 3 points ,,,, will this mean im banned

Any penalty points you gain before passing your first driving test are taken into account. However, having six or more doesn’t mean your licence will be revoked straight after you pass your test.

Gaining further points after passing your test, taking your total to six or more, will mean your licence will be revoked.

The object with driving is not to get as many points as you can.

What is a Red Light Offence? is this driving through red light areas

Best advice to give to you is obey the driving laws in this country. I have been driving 30 years and not amassed that many points. If I were you I would forget driving and leave the roads safer for us law abiding people to drive on

Archived