Points young drivers help

Well you like to learn the hard way,looks like your going to cop a ban .I don't have much sympathy really.

Me neither, most people learn from their mistakes. Suppose he had hit a pedestrian, a cyclist or another car who had set off perfectly properly from the other direction. :roll::roll:

i got 6 point at 16 got band for a year before i had passed and had to take an extended driving test when i was 18

,,,, but the 6 point still on my license,,, i just got a letter about a red light offense and been told recieve 3 points ,,,, will this mean im banned

iv looked into it but dont really undertand

Penalty points gained before passing your driving test

Any penalty points you gain before passing your first driving test are taken into account. However, having six or more doesn’t mean your licence will be revoked straight after you pass your test.

Gaining further points after passing your test, taking your total to six or more, will mean your licence will be revoked.

so does this mean i can get 6 points from when i pass

SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU NEED TO MATURE ALITTLE BEFORE YOU START TO DRIVE LEGALLY, OR YOUR GOING TO END UP KILLING SOMEONE.:roll:

There are no police referral courses for red light runners in these parts so an offer of a course is not an option.

The course would tell you that amber means Stop! unless unsafe to do so. Treat amber as this and you'll never run a red light.

@OP: Did you get your ticket for speeding in the end?

hi does anybody no if the speed camera on marsh lane just after the pub flashes? i was doing about 36 dint see the camera. dont think it flashed is it meant to? it was about 9pm and wht the limit you can go say if it 30mph and speed camera is there was max you can do without it flashing

thanks

We where all 16 once. I was a nutter on my moped, shouldn't be living with some of the stupid things I did. Was just as daft as a teenage driver in my dads Cortina. Then I got done for dangerous driving for overtaking on a dual carriageway over the speed limit. Way over the top but I showed off a bit in the court room saying overtaking a car at 50 in a 40 on a dual carriageway should be ok. No way was it dangerous driving, just a simple speeding offence. Anyway, come to insurance renewal time that's when it finally hit me to start slowing down. I was 18 at the time but it taught me a lesson.

Archived