Points young drivers help

The object with driving is not to get as many points as you can.

What is a Red Light Offence? is this driving through red light areas

A red light offence is a TS10 - failure to stop at a red traffic light and results in 3 points, as I know someone who got one.

The points you got before passing your test still count and will stay on your licence for 4 years. If you have already been banned Id have thought youd have tried a bit harder to make sure you stayed point clear for a few years.

Anyway, you'll find out soon enough what your fate will be. Try to pay a bit more attention to traffic lights and your speed then you'll avoid all this in the future.

i got 6 point at 16 got band for a year before i had passed and had to take an extended driving test when i was 18

,,,, but the 6 point still on my license,,, i just got a letter about a red light offense and been told recieve 3 points ,,,, will this mean im banned

iv looked into it but dont really undertand

Penalty points gained before passing your driving test

Any penalty points you gain before passing your first driving test are taken into account. However, having six or more doesn’t mean your licence will be revoked straight after you pass your test.

Gaining further points after passing your test, taking your total to six or more, will mean your licence will be revoked.

so does this mean i can get 6 points from when i pass

What don't you understand. You had 6 points before you could even legally drive - as you have stated any penalty points before passing your test are taken into account, ie the 6 you already had. Gaining further points after your test ie the 3 you have now gained, takes your total to 9. A total of 6 or more means your licence is revoked, seen as 9 is greater than 6 you will rightly be banned and make our roads a safer place. If you can't understand something this simple, then you really shouldn't be driving with the amount of knowledge and concentration that is required to drive safely.

What is the attraction with driving underage anyway, in the last coupke of months there have been two fatal crashes with young drivers, the latest at conisbrough involving an underage driver, how many times do people have to see this happen before it makes them realise they are not invincible.

We where all 16 once. I was a nutter on my moped, shouldn't be living with some of the stupid things I did. Was just as daft as a teenage driver in my dads Cortina. Then I got done for dangerous driving for overtaking on a dual carriageway over the speed limit. Way over the top but I showed off a bit in the court room saying overtaking a car at 50 in a 40 on a dual carriageway should be ok. No way was it dangerous driving, just a simple speeding offence. Anyway, come to insurance renewal time that's when it finally hit me to start slowing down. I was 18 at the time but it taught me a lesson.

I remember being 16 but I didn't drive underage and when I got a scooter at 17 I rode it carefully and not recklessly.

I remember being 16 but I didn't drive underage and when I got a scooter at 17 I rode it carefully and not recklessly.

It's now perfectly legal to drive a scooter at 16 so there's nothing to say the OP was driving under-age.

It's deffo a ban anyway OP, and I'd think another extended test to re-take after it.

Archived