Who do people from Doncaster look down on?

**Shudders**

When i'd left school i had a doorknocking job that one terrifying day took me to Thorne.

It made Jurassic Park look overly modern and cutting edge.

Several thousand slums ringed by fish processing industrial units. It's like someone airdropped a bit of vietnam into Yorkshire.

I spent a couple of years working in Thorne. At a fish processing unit. But not actually dealing with the fish. :gag:

The town centre was fairly quaint, but venturing out to Moorends was daunting. The nearby villages of Stainy (Stainforth) and Dunscroft were usually at war with Thorne. :roll:

Sheffield has a university or two to bring in some new blood and it does very well at keeping a high percentage of them. I live in Sheffield, work in Rotherham, lived in Barnsley for a few months many years ago and have made frequent trips to Doncaster during the last ten years.

Who would choose to live in these urban areas other than for 'family' reasons or because they can't afford anything more aspirational? There are some lovely villages around and about and Doncaster has tried to make the drive in from the M18 look pretty but have you seen Hyde Park?

Sheffield has a university or two to bring in some new blood and it does very well at keeping a high percentage of them. I live in Sheffield, work in Rotherham, lived in Barnsley for a few months many years ago and have made frequent trips to Doncaster during the last ten years.

Who would choose to live in these urban areas other than for 'family' reasons or because they can't afford anything more aspirational? There are some lovely villages around and about and Doncaster has tried to make the drive in from the M18 look pretty but have you seen Hyde Park?

Would that be Hyde Park flats Sheffield or Hyde Park Doncaster

People from Sheffield look down on people from Rotherham, who look down on people from Barnsley, who look down on people from Doncaster, who....

who do they look down on?

Sheffield looks down on Rotherham, I can see where you are coming from in saying that - but Barnsley looks down on Doncaster? How does that work? Doncaster has more shops, a better market and a far more impressive night life than Barnsley - As an outsider, it seems that Sheffield being the larger city appears to have more going for it than the other three towns in S Yorks, but after Sheffield it would be Doncaster - With Rotherham and Barnsley being small towns that appear to struggle work wise, etc...

As an outsider, it seems that Sheffield being the larger city appears to have more going for it than the other three towns in S Yorks, but after Sheffield it would be Doncaster - With Rotherham and Barnsley being small towns that appear to struggle work wise, etc...

Donny town itself is smaller than both Rotherham and Barnsley.

As for struggling workwise...............

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/oct/18/unemployment-doncaster-credit-crunch

Donny town itself is smaller than both Rotherham and Barnsley.

As for struggling workwise...............

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/oct/18/unemployment-doncaster-credit-crunch

But where does all the money in Doncaster come from? Have you driven down the old A1 (Bawtry Road) recently. Have a look at the houses down there and it goes on for miles. A bit like a longer version of Eccie Road South.

But where does all the money in Doncaster come from? Have you driven down the old A1 (Bawtry Road) recently. Have a look at the houses down there and it goes on for miles. A bit like a longer version of Eccie Road South.

Oh Bessacarr you mean - consultants at Doncaster DGH, solicitors, accountants and the like live there.

Archived