The Labour Party Left The Uk With £7.9 Trillion In Debt

£300,000.00 for EVERY UK Household

This paper presents calculations of the UK's real national debt and for the first time charts its growth over the last decade.

The real national debt extends far beyond the Government's formal measurements. It also includes substantial liabilities in relation to unfunded public sector pensions, unfunded state pensions, the Private Finance Initiative (PFI), Network Rail, nuclear decommissioning and a number of other items.

At the end of 2009-10, the real national debt stood at £7.9 trillion, over £300,000 for every single household in Britain.

During the last decade the debt has more than tripled, soaring from 230 per cent of GDP (£2.3 trillion) up to 560 per cent of GDP (£7.9 trillion)

The official national debt – the one quoted by the Chancellor in his budget – hugely understates taxpayer liabilities; it now constitutes barely one-tenth of our real national debt.

It should also be noted that our figures may be underestimates. In addition to the debts we have examined, the public sector has a wide range of possible contingent liabilities – estimated to be as high as £543 billion.

LINK (PDF document)

Welcome to "beans on toast Britain".

you can join the blame game but i think it was the usa that did all this and us brits bailed out our banks we are suffering as a consequence and when the shxt hits the fan all the people that voted for this lot in power now ought to be -----

if i was in debt but still had an income i would pay my debts at a reasonable amount so that my family did not suffer it might take longer but whats best the feeling that we are on the scrap heap and out of work or to live life and not suffer as all the people that are looking at redundancy even rural bus services are being hit our kids cant afford to stay on at school or college i am so glad that i am retired as i would not like to be young in this day and age

When you are in large amounts of debt, you spend less and earn more. It's not pleasant, but there is no option about it. It's what happens, either through choice or by force.

Then how come I'm spending more and earning less???:huh:

Archived