Clearing a cement mixer

I watched a Mythbusters programme about trying to clear out a really big cement mixer when the cement had set in it. They tried everything from a hammer and chisel to dynamite and basically they came to the conclusion that if you were going to clear it then you'd better be prepared to put in a whole load of work and time because if the machinery can't turn then none of the quick fixes work.

Hammer and cold chisel work as well as any of the more extreme ways (or so say the Mythbusters team).

Ive been given a portable cement mixer.its clogged up with cement that hasnt been cleaned out properly.

Apart from hammering it to death to loosen it all , anyone any idea how i get it all out?

If it is clogged with cement it will tap out with a hammer quite easily. If it is clogged with concrete, might as well forget it and go and hire one.

Ive been given a portable cement mixer.its clogged up with cement that hasnt been cleaned out properly.

Apart from hammering it to death to loosen it all , anyone any idea how i get it all out?

Scrap it mate, or leave it in a skip full of water and chemicals for Six years.

Archived