Advice Needed Please

Not at all!

And he has my sympathy as nobody should have to put up with an inconsiderate neighbour. But I'm getting from his post that him having mates round who have been in prison, is part of the guy's inconsideration.

Unless he knows that the mate has been in prison for house-breaking or drunkeness or some form of anti-social behaviour, what difference does it make that he has been inside?

If you read the op, you will see that this is not the issue. :huh:

Thanks for your feedback.

I have considered calling the Police but he is the type that will retaliate and it's that what I don't want. Another concern I have is if he starts on me or any other resident whilst I'm looking after my kids during the day. This is something that I have mentioned previously to my landlord.

Also I believe that if he was to be evicted then he would still return as one of the other residents is apparently an old friend of his so if he did return and start on me then nothing could be done.

When he bangs doors and stomps his feet etc it's not like it's by accident he clearly knows that what he is doing is wrong but just finds it funny. Like now he is banging doors and has quite a few mates around one of which has just come out of prison and they have music on really loud.

You could report him to the police for threatening behaviour (s.4 Public Order Act), record some of his outbursts or abuse on your mobile phone if you can. If he did get evicted and then returned you would still be able to report him for threatening behaviour if he kicked off at you again. If it became a repeated offence, he could even be done for harassment. Also, if you are trying to move on, can the council not help you with housing since you have kids living with you in shared accommodation? If you did report this chap for threatening behaviour, that might possibly give you more clout with the council as well.

Archived