Order of service

I have a form from the church which asks if i want the choir etc and at the bottom it asks if i want to provide order of service sheets/booklets for the guests.

Well i really want to provide these as they will have the words to the hymn that we have chosen for the ceremony but how do i get these?

The church dont provide these, i have to provide them myself but i dont know what is supposed to go in them, where i get them made, how much they are...

i am so confused... help

You can buy them from a wedding stationer or make them yourself. The first page contains Bride and Groom's names, wedding date, church name.

Then the rest of the pages contains hymns, prayers, readings, signing of the register, etc in the order that they will happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Generally Churches will have a standard booklet for weedings, that has the order of service typed up...these are obviously standard ones that work for eveyone, and then hymn books are given out alongside so you can all sing along.

We got married in Sept last year and produced our own order of services, that matched out invites/theme.

I bought a do-it youself pack online...I liked the idea that people would keep them afterwards to remeber our day.

If you want any more info send me aPM...can prob forward a copy of what we did to give you an idea etc.

Archived