Red Stone on West Street

uncle.albert

So, given what has been said on this thread, what kind of music policy would you want ?

And by the way, have you never heard of West St Live - its not just rock, its indie as well.....and live bands every night of the week...

Although West St Live is a good venue (which I usually go to every week or so), it is slightly more Rock orientated, and more about live bands than Music (if that makes sense). The 2 together though would have complimented each other nicely.

So, given what has been said on this thread, what kind of music policy would you want ?

And by the way, have you never heard of West St Live - its not just rock, its indie as well.....and live bands every night of the week...

Yeah, West Street Live is fab but the point I was trying to get across is that surely they don't want redstone to go the same way as Static did?? If they stick with the Indie/Rock then I think it would be a success in time. It would still be different to West Street Live though as they wouldn't have bands on every night of the week.

Yeah, West Street Live is fab but the point I was trying to get across is that surely they don't want redstone to go the same way as Static did?? If they stick with the Indie/Rock then I think it would be a success in time. It would still be different to West Street Live though as they wouldn't have bands on every night of the week.

True, WSL was purely rock till the current owners took it over (just celebrated their 2nd year there) and the entertainment team have started leaning towards indie as well - not a bad thing in my eyes.

Sheffield could use another rock venue, its time for something new...

Although West St Live is a good venue (which I usually go to every week or so), it is slightly more Rock orientated, and more about live bands than Music (if that makes sense). The 2 together though would have complimented each other nicely.

Not strictly true. We only do rock DJ music on Tuesdays and on weekends rock bands only make up about 20% of the cover bands we book. Plus we're open 7pm-4am on Friday and Saturday and the bands only play between 90-120mins, the rest is DJing.

During the week (Sunday-Thursday) we have all manner of live entertainment between 7pm and 11pm (last night was burlesque, tonight is baroque pop, tomorrow is rock, wednesday is avant garde/goth, thursday is eclectica). And from 11pm til close our DJing rosta after the bands is as follows: Indie on Sunday, pop on monday, rock on tuesday, indie/rock/pop on wednesday, funk and soul on Thursdays plus a mixture of most stuff on Fridays and Saturdays (with the exception of hard rock and metal as we've moved away from that in order to appeal to a wider audience).

Not strictly true. We only do rock DJ music on Tuesdays and on weekends rock bands only make up about 20% of the cover bands we book. Plus we're open 7pm-4am on Friday and Saturday and the bands only play between 90-120mins, the rest is DJing.

During the week (Sunday-Thursday) we have all manner of live entertainment between 7pm and 11pm (last night was burlesque, tonight is baroque pop, tomorrow is rock, wednesday is avant garde/goth, thursday is eclectica). And from 11pm til close our DJing rosta after the bands is as follows: Indie on Sunday, pop on monday, rock on tuesday, indie/rock/pop on wednesday, funk and soul on Thursdays plus a mixture of most stuff on Fridays and Saturdays (with the exception of hard rock and metal as we've moved away from that in order to appeal to a wider audience).

Not knocking West St Live - I like it and visit regularly. However, the last Few Thursday's I have been in the music was definitely more rock than Indie, in fact a few weeks ago there was a band on that made Megadeath sound like the Cheeky Girls.....

Not knocking West St Live - I like it and visit regularly. However, the last Few Thursday's I have been in the music was definitely more rock than Indie, in fact a few weeks ago there was a band on that made Megadeath sound like the Cheeky Girls.....

Indeed, as stated above the bands and genres we have on midweek between 7pm and 11pm vary from day to day from week to week.

Why am I imagining megadeth doing a cover version of the cheeky girls :hihi:

Archived