Red Stone on West Street

uncle.albert

Hi Guys.

Get down to Red Stone tonight for cheesey pop and dance with bottles from a £1 all night long 8 till late.

See you there

:loopy::loopy::loopy: everyone on this thread is wanting more indie and a different night out to whats on offer everywhere else ,Listen to the people and do what you set out to do.. stick at it and the people will come NO MORE R&B CHEESEY POP AND CHART CRAP !

Is this the place that used to be Takapuna??

If so, I went there a couple of Saturdays ago to a party in the function room upstairs.

The music downstairs was fantastic, it was Indie - the place was empty!!

Obviously not the music of choice for the Saturday night crowd, hence the change........I'm just saying!!

Is this the place that used to be Takapuna??

If so, I went there a couple of Saturdays ago to a party in the function room upstairs.

The music downstairs was fantastic, it was Indie - the place was empty!!

Obviously not the music of choice for the Saturday night crowd, hence the change........I'm just saying!!

I was at that same party! :)

I think that there is a demand for it to be an indie night but people just need to know about it.

I understand money can cause issues but if they just held out a couple more weeks I think the word would've got out especially using the Forum to shout about.

Further to my earlier comment re. House on Fridays, I think Red Stone will do well to market itself as a club for people in their 20s/30s offering something more 'credible' than Crystal. Its a nice venue, it shouldn't have a problem aiming 'up-market' if it wants to.

On paper it seems more logical that you will be busier as a free entry bar, than a 'pay to enter' club. However this involves forgetting the dynamics of Sheffield nightlife. I think it would take a massive publicity campaign to get people to perceive this venue as a 'bar', as Static and for most of its time as Takapuna this place was largely viewed as a small club. And aside from the fact that the clientelle had a a rep for causing trouble the place did well as a club.

The location also lends itself to this, If you start your night up around Vodka Revs/Forum/ Cavendish way like most people do it's club o'clock by the time you get near the bottom of West St.

'Get down to Red Stone tonight for cheesey pop and dance with bottles from a £1 all night long 8 till late.'

It's so annoying how it's labelled 'cheesey (sic) pop'. It's effectively an acknowledgement that the music they're playing is rubbish! If you're embarrassed by what you've decided you're playing, don't play it! Play the tunes you want to hear! Like the ghost said to Kevin Costner in Field Of Dreams, 'if you build it they will come'!!!

Hi Guys.

Get down to Red Stone tonight for cheesey pop and dance with bottles from a £1 all night long 8 till late.

See you there

At those prices they'll be bankrupt soon and the new owners might change the music anyway :hihi:

I went down on the opening night...TINY place and RUBBISH music (only stayed for about 20 mins...for somewhere advertising the night as "classic indie all night" listing the Strokes and Libertines as artists I found Bez playing ****ty house music occaisionally shouting down the mic "**** the cops, call the police..." and was FAIRLY disappointed!)

Needless to say I WON'T be going back...

How come that place is so small anyway? From outside it looks like a fairly decent size...

I went down on the opening night...TINY place and RUBBISH music (only stayed for about 20 mins...for somewhere advertising the night as "classic indie all night" listing the Strokes and Libertines as artists I found Bez playing ****ty house music occaisionally shouting down the mic "**** the cops, call the police..." and was FAIRLY disappointed!)

Needless to say I WON'T be going back...

How come that place is so small anyway? From outside it looks like a fairly decent size...

Sorry to hear that. You ended up missing a good night though. After Bez and his Son left the music wasn't RUBBISH and was exactly as advertised. Not that it matters now that its changed to Cheese & RnB.

Archived